Opinion on size of Bass Drum Pedal

WalterKohn

So I am trying to work on my footwork. I am using Colin Bailey's Bass Drum Control.

I have played several pedals. Mainly all DW, started with the 5000 then went to the 8000 longboard style then to the 9000.

I play mainly heel down but have been learning heel up. I have read about the 9000 XF and wondered if it would be better for me.

I wear a size 13 shoe and I have really really wide feet.

Would the 9000 XF be a better choice for me or should I look at a totally new/different pedal? I feel my technique would benefit from a larger pedal board, but maybe I am off-base?

Recommendations??

Doesn't have to be a double pedal as I bought the 9000 double (I was told this is the end all, be all of pedals) incase I would want to learn.

When I practice at home I play barefoot so I have more room on the pedal and I feel I have generally more control.

Anyone here wear a size 13+ shoe? If so what pedal do you play? Again doesn't have to be a double pedal.

Pic for reference to understand how wide my feet are.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

I wear a size 10 but I've got a drummer friend that wears size 15 shoes and he loves the pedals that I HATE!
It sounds like you want/need a pedal with a longboard foot plate and there's a number of different options from a couple different brands, AXIS, Trick, Pearl, Tama, Mapex and a few others.

My friend with the size 15 feet LOVES the Tama Speed Cobra

BP thanks for the reply!

Does he had wide feet?

I had a longboard style with the 8000 and I didn't like it one bit....

I have a old pearl pedal at home and that is even smaller than my 9000.

I have never looked at the Tama Speed Cobra I will check that out.

Thanks again!

I wear a size 10 but I've got a drummer friend that wears size 15 shoes and he loves the pedals that I HATE!
It sounds like you want/need a pedal with a longboard foot plate and there's a number of different options from a couple different brands, AXIS, Trick, Pearl, Tama, Mapex and a few others.

My friend with the size 15 feet LOVES the Tama Speed Cobra

I only have a size 11 shoe, but I LOVE the Speed Cobra as well. Its really been a hit since it came out

Size 13 wide here and comfort on the foot boards was definitely a consideration when I was recently shopping for a double pedal rig. I chose the Tama Speed Cobras and am very satisfied!

I have a size 11 foot and I use a shortboard Axis, cheapie Tama and a Speed kind. I don't quite have your monster feet though. If I did then I would probably play a longboard Axis or a Speed Cobra. I'd probably trade the chain drive out for a belt though cause I'm difficult like that.

I play an 8002 longboard. You should be using yours. There is little difference between the 8000 and 9000. If it doesn't help or hasn't helped your issue, then I honestly don't know what to recommend. It's super slick, fast, strong, and absolutely silent with a giant footboard.

Size 13 wide here and comfort on the foot boards was definitely a consideration when I was recently shopping for a double pedal rig. I chose the Tama Speed Cobras and am very satisfied!

Good to know!!!! Thanks Croc!!!

I play an 8002 longboard. You should be using yours. There is little difference between the 8000 and 9000. If it doesn't help or hasn't helped your issue, then I honestly don't know what to recommend. It's super slick, fast, strong, and absolutely silent with a giant footboard.

I sold the 8000 to get the 9000......... I still have the 8000 Hi hat stand.

I had that when I first started playing. So I had no idea at the time.. I have only been playing for about 5 years and I have had the 9000 for almost 4 years.

Now that I am trying to refine technique and progress further I am having issues...

Back