Open mic night gear?

rmac86

Hi all,

My band are currently promoting our first EP so are touring around local area. Some places are just too small for a full group but do offer open mics. The last one I did I just brought a 13x3.5 mapex mpx piccolo snare and zildjian 12”new beats on an x-hat off the snare stand.

This was just okay but am wondering how I can improve it?

The mpx currently has a remo silent stroke on it because I’ve been using it as a trigger pad for a new Roland tm2 an RT30HR. Could I use the trigger for open mic and just plug the tm2 directly into house desk?

Thanks,

R

rmac86

I should add that there is no parking at the front of the venue and ideally I’d like to just be doing one gear run from the car

No Way Jose

Silver Member
To me, snare and new beat hi hats sound like the way to go.

You need a brain for the drum trigger to trigger. I don't think that it will produce the sound that you want when plugged into a PA mixer.

rmac86

To me, snare and new beat hi hats sound like the way to go.

You need a brain for the drum trigger to trigger. I don't think that it will produce the sound that you want when plugged into a PA mixer.
Oh yes I know the trigger needs a “brain”, I have a Roland TM-2 trigger module which can plug in to a PA system. Failing that I also have a Roland Mic-S which is a trigger module/trigger/microphone all in one unit, that may reduce the amount of wires required.

Thanks,

R