Oops! Broke Part of my Cymbal Stand (Brake Tilter Assembly?)

Jeremy Crockett

oops01.jpg

oops02.jpg

oops03.jpg

I have tried looking up "brake tilter assembly" on the interwebs and Gibraltar looks like they have something close:

Or should I just get a new stand entirely?

What I have appears to be a Mapex straight cymbal stand but it doesn't match what's on Mapex's website because what I have is likely at least 8 years old.

oops04.jpg

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I would use it as an excuse to buy new drum stuff!!! For me personally, it's something that never gets old. But yeah, you're probably better off just buying another stand.

I think a new stand would be your best bet, personally.

I would use it as an excuse to buy new drum stuff!!! For me personally, it's something that never gets old. But yeah, you're probably better off just buying another stand.

Thank you. I guess I was looking for a little "shove" in the right direction. The new stand has been ordered.

Thank you. I guess I was looking for a little "shove" in the right direction. The new stand has been ordered.

Good for you. When something like this breaks on my hardware, I often think how much longer will it be until something else on this stand breaks?

That’s the best choice, IMO.

Sidebar: Isn’t it maddening when a small part breaks and it renders the entire unit useless?

Well it's not entirely useless. Any 3/4" (I think) tube will fit into the next tier of the stand. A lot of this stuff is interchangeable.
The old Mapex stand will, in all likelihood, end up being used as a tablet mount.

New TAMA boom stand. It's a flippin' tank!

BoomStand01.jpg

BoomStand02.jpg

BoomStand03.jpg

I am a very happy guy!

As someone famously once said, “if you keep on wailin’ the tilter’s gonna break…” :unsure: Glad you’re sorted.:D(y)
Thank you.

I'm too embarrassed to tell y'all how I actually broke it. 😦

Go on…I promise not to tell anyone…:sneaky:🤞

I know, right? Anyway, I've likely "oversold" the premise but cautionary tales are good.

Alas, it was not due to a bout of overzealous playing. Rather, a few weeks ago, I was re-arranging the kit and I used a little more force than I should have trying to get one of the toms into position and broke the tilter. Knowing that Gorilla Super Glue would not be a permanent solution, I made due for as long as it would hold. Thus, here we are.

Lesson learned; move cymbal stands, don't try and "work around" them.

I know, right? Anyway, I've likely "oversold" the premise but cautionary tales are good.

Alas, it was not due to a bout of overzealous playing. Rather, a few weeks ago, I was re-arranging the kit and I used a little more force than I should have trying to get one of the toms into position and broke the tilter. Knowing that Gorilla Super Glue would not be a permanent solution, I made due for as long as it would hold. Thus, here we are.

Lesson learned; move cymbal stands, don't try and "work around" them.
We’ve all been there mate…not nearly as juicy as I was anticipating!!:)(y)

Back