Only 1 week to go!! (+announcement)

I did it with the half hour i got free today from being my mums carer, so its really shoddy with no practice and wont get me very far :/ But hey, minuscule chance right?
You stand as good a chance as anyone, & FWIW, I like your submission very much :) Kudos to you for taking time out of something so important.

Ok guys, here's the actual prize snare in final preparation prior to the draw at the Manchester Drum Show.

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 396
  • comp4.jpg
    comp4.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 391
  • comp3.jpg
    comp3.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 389
  • comp2.jpg
    comp2.jpg
    731.8 KB · Views: 389
  • comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 391
I just submitted my video! My apologies for submitting so close to the deadline, I had completely forgotten about the competition until tonight at a band practice, so I stayed around late tried to come up with something off of the top of my head...I'm hoping the imperfections will count towards the creative spirit of the contest! ;)

One question though: I sent my personal info and the link to the video through the Contact option on the Guru webpage. Should I email it to the email address provided as well, or does the Contact message serve the same purpose?

Eh I dont think it was good, but as i said in my random thoughts post, would be nice for luck to change. It looks a beaut :)
I'm crossing fingers for you :)

One question though: I sent my personal info and the link to the video through the Contact option on the Guru webpage. Should I email it to the email address provided as well, or does the Contact message serve the same purpose?
You're good, we got it. Sorry for the short reply, driving for 12 hours today on the back of 3 hours sleep last night. Drum building is such a breeze :(

Just got my entry in. Thanks to Andy for a great contest and a great prize, and thanks to all other contestants for some really cool submissions!

Edit:
Looks like I forgot to share the link, so here's that: http://youtu.be/re6xvJlEI-E

Details on the setup are in the video description. I should add that if I am fortunate enough to win, I will make sure to come up with a non-destructive solution to mount everything to the drum for the "follow up" video.

Last edited:
Just got my entry in. Thanks to Andy for a great contest and a great prize, and thanks to all other contestants for some really cool submissions!
Great submission - very inventive :)

Ok guys, 1 more day to get your entries in. I'll be collecting them all together & submitting them to the judging panel tomorrow evening (UK time). After that point, competition is closed.

Good luck to all who took the time & effort to enter. Some great stuff.

Andy.

This is it! Today's the day. From the timing of this post, you have 9 hours to get your submission in.

As a side note, I'm really pleased with the number of submissions received in the last few days. A big thank you to all who've entered thus far :)

This is it! Today's the day. From the timing of this post, you have 9 hours to get your submission in.

As a side note, I'm really pleased with the number of submissions received in the last few days. A big thank you to all who've entered thus far :)

Let's see how much time I have to get this mahfaha done, with the time difference...

...OK, here we are, for good or ill...

Last edited:
Andy, was there an entry from Singapore? Mini-Madge was "encouraging" one of her friends to enter. He knows Guru Drums and knows your name.

Can't believe I did it, but I worked out a little piece and sent it in. My wife helped me film it, and since we filmed it outside, I think we each lost a quart of blood from the mosquitoes. (Alaskan mosquitoes are no joke).

Anyway, thanks Guru Drums for hosting this. I'm still new to drumming, and this contest has made me think about my snare in a different way.

E

Andy, was there an entry from Singapore?
Not that I'm aware of, but I'll take a look through. Just at the end of my 3rd straight 16 hour drum building day - knackered!

Andy, here is my submission. I am have problems connecting with the contact page on the GURU site, my network is being stupid.
Got the details - thanks :)

Anyway, thanks Guru Drums for hosting this. I'm still new to drumming, and this contest has made me think about my snare in a different way.

E
That's great to hear :)

Back