Online Paid Masterclass recommendation

jonnywech

Hello all!

I have been taking drums for approximately 2 1/2 years and to say it has become an obsession and a passion would be an understatement. I am taking lessons as well as joined an adult band at school of rock and taking lessons there as well and have recently started taking bass lessons as well.

I would love to take on online master class and have looked at Todd Sucherman’s and Shelia E. Are there any other recommendations (paid or free) that all have found incredibly helpful and people felt help elevate their playing?

Thank you all for help

DrumWhipper

Todd’s class is phenomenal. Jump all over that!

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Nate (the 80/20 drummer)'s Coaching Course. He only opens it up a few times a year, but it's well worth the price.
Stephen Clark (of the Non-Glamorous Drummer) and Rob Brown's courses are all top notch as well.

Give them all a look and I'm sure you'll find something.

someguy01

Rob Brown's courses
I'm waiting to see of he starts putting out courses on Drumeo now that he's in their stable. If he does, I'm getting a subscription, after I buy some sort of device (tablet, cheap lappy) to use for said lessons as I am sans technology at the homestead. Paranoid hippy, Luddite, etc. Choose your term for my aversion to silicon chips in my house.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I'm waiting to see of he starts putting out courses on Drumeo now that he's in their stable. If he does, I'm getting a subscription, after I buy some sort of device (tablet, cheap lappy) to use for said lessons as I am sans technology at the homestead. Paranoid hippy, Luddite, etc. Choose your term for my aversion to silicon chips in my house.
Good point.
Something tells me he will be as Dorathy & RdavidR do. His channel does well on it's own (as I'm a subscriber & Patreon member). He was one of 2 of my teachers last year during the COVID issues.
Well thought out & very intuitive.

someguy01

Good point.
Something tells me he will be as Dorathy & RdavidR do. His channel does well on it's own (as I'm a subscriber & Patreon member). He was one of 2 of my teachers last year during the COVID issues.
Well thought out & very intuitive.
I also subscribe to his channel. Great lessons and information given in an easy to follow way. Can't afford to be a patreon, but I do pick up merch when I can.

Otto

Platinum Member
Hey jonnywech...Grats on finding a passion!

I've been flirting with http://daveweckl.com/ as I really like how his playing has evolved in the past 20 years or so...but i can't say I know 'for sure' that there is value...but I smell it in his playing changes.

I really like some of the materials at Steve Smiths site http://www.vitalinformation.com/ and he is not trying to capitalize on alot of it so the price is right...hope he is doing OK financially with all of the pandemic mess. Got my toes into some of the classical Tabla methods(singing rhythms) from his postings. great place to get your feet wet with brushes as well.

Last one i have flirted with and seems to get great compliments is the Drummers Collective at https://thecollective.edu/

Last edited: