One Year (drum content)

• Thread starter Deleted member 526375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 526375

Not sure why, but I'm an "anniversary guy". I've always been good with dates, and for whatever reason my brain remembers anniversaries easily. Today marks one year since I took possession of my black DW set. I intend for this set to be my final set; it was ordered as my 50th birthday present to myself and has other significant sentimental value attached to it as well. 2022 was a busy year. I averaged between 12-15 gigs per month (I feel very fortunate to have that much work!) in all types of venues.

These drums have acquitted themselves nicely during this time. They make a sound that I dig, I think they're beautiful visually, and they haven't caused any issues at all. They certainly were a stiff investment, but one that I would do again in a heartbeat. 13-16-22 in traditional depths. I've since added on a small bass drum (10x20), one of those floor tom/snare drum hybrid thingies, and an 8x12 tom. Last month, I ordered the final piece and I'll be done. 14x24 bass drum for the biggie stages and venues.

IMG_2376.jpeg

how many miles to the gallon?

Yea they're real nice; Too bad about the Hole in the bass drum head.
Guess ya Had to be 'neutered somehow

now.. Don't put a cymbal on the left "or you'll be a Jazz drummer".
that could be the worst that could happen that could be the worst

: 0 L ya
you know I do

Anysley Dunbar had a set like that.

May they give you years of musical joy! Peace and goodwill.

Not sure why, but I'm an "anniversary guy". I've always been good with dates, and for whatever reason my brain remembers anniversaries easily. Today marks one year since I took possession of my black DW set. I intend for this set to be my final set; it was ordered as my 50th birthday present to myself and has other significant sentimental value attached to it as well. 2022 was a busy year. I averaged between 12-15 gigs per month (I feel very fortunate to have that much work!) in all types of venues.

These drums have acquitted themselves nicely during this time. They make a sound that I dig, I think they're beautiful visually, and they haven't caused any issues at all. They certainly were a stiff investment, but one that I would do again in a heartbeat. 13-16-22 in traditional depths. I've since added on a small bass drum (10x20), one of those floor tom/snare drum hybrid thingies, and an 8x12 tom. Last month, I ordered the final piece and I'll be done. 14x24 bass drum for the biggie stages and venues.

View attachment 129379
Class backdrop too 👌

View attachment 129379

Aside from the kit, congrats on making it to 51 yrs old!

Also, well done on being so busy with your drumming and your music.

You are one busy man.......lotta people could only dream of so many gigs!

You must be a hard working fella.

That black is sooooo glossy and deep.

Got some of the other components of this black DW set out for the job tonight. The little bass drum and floor tom/snare thing were good tonight for my long-standing duo outfit. Doesn't have anything to do with my original post or the black DW drums, but that new to me dark cherry Craviotto snare drum is amazing. It definitely lives up to all the praise I've read about it over the last nearly 20 years.

IMG_2594.jpeg

View attachment 129379
Lovely kit! The backdrop in this shot is beautiful in a groovy kind of way. Is it part of your gear?

Lovely kit! The backdrop in this shot is beautiful in a groovy kind of way. Is it part of your gear?

Thanks Joe! The backdrop is the singer’s doing. He’s into the visual arts and “vibe” of gigs. He brings a bunch of lights and has several of those backdrops that he puts up as he feels inspired to. At first I thought he was nuts but we frequently receive compliments on the presentation so I guess he knows what he’s doing. My favorite is the lighting he puts on my bass drum head.

0BA39383-9D39-40CC-9DEF-60FDC70A6BC3.jpeg

Back