One Year Ago Today...

iCe

Man what a total coincidence; i was about to cook last night and wanted to put some music on. Scrolled through my phone, saw the album 'Hemispheres' and was like '**** yeah!'. Probably my fav Rush album and Hemispheres is just the perfect/favorite Rush song for me. Didn't realize it's been a year already or remembered the exact date of his passing.
Today is rehearsal again and will put some extra effort in our Rush medley :)

Last edited:

mikyok

Platinum Member
I remember getting a free copy of Clockwork Angels in a magazine when I went on holiday just as it was released.

Felt sorry for my better half, think I listened to it back to back about 4 times.

Had the pleasure of seeing R30 and the Snakes and Arrows tour. You can't explain how good they were as a 3 piece, you had to experience it.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I listen to Preston & Steve on WMMR in Philly & they had an article on Neil's last days (www.wmmr.com).
How he heard about it, how he told his bandmates & what he did with the days that followed. Very touching to say the least.

Otto

Platinum Member
Given the portrayal of the man, I think I will forego going to the WMMR site and seeing info that is not released by the direct family.

I don't look down on anyone for going to look but forbearance seems in the vein of respect in this case....especially from fellow drummers.

"I feel the way you would"

Stroman

Platinum Member
Given the portrayal of the man, I think I will forego going to the WMMR site and seeing info that is not released by the direct family.

I don't look down on anyone for going to look but forbearance seems in the vein of respect in this case....especially from fellow drummers.

"I feel the way you would"
I haven't had a chance to read the WMMR transcript or listen to it, but there is information out there that was released by the band and by his wife about his final days. It's moving stuff. Heartbreaking and wonderful. Perhaps the MMR DJs were talking about that.

Otto

Platinum Member
I haven't had a chance to read the WMMR transcript or listen to it, but there is information out there that was released by the band and by his wife about his final days. It's moving stuff. Heartbreaking and wonderful. Perhaps the MMR DJs were talking about that.

Yeah...can't be positive but I'm pretty sure its not salacious so I don't call anyone out for looking...but in searching for a way to show a deeper respect I am trying to allow him to be outside of celebrity..."for those who wish to be" as it were... and its potential toxicity for the famous and the fan.

It seems he would want that...possibly giving myself an ability to break out of my own selfishness in this awful situation by honoring an ideal as well.

I am deeply indebted to you guys for giving me a chance to express this. We really lost something...a famous person that did not wallow in ego or lounge in the hidden self-importance of the moniker 'humble'.

Last edited:

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
This article is a nice tribute and offers some interesting insight into Neil's life. Couldn't read it with dry eyes.

Thank you for this. ❤

Rhythm666

I had a gig that night last year when my cousin got the msg on his cell and passed down the news. I played the gig but in total shock