One song you've played more than any other.

Since late February, I've made a decision to play, I Melt With You by Modern English, every time I practice-- which is almost everyday. And, I've realized, I've now played that song, more than any other song. What song have you played more than any other?

Rotarded

I've played "Melt With You" at every gig I've had since 2012. BUT, I have played side 1 of Boston's first album more than any one song in my life.

C.M. Jones

"It Ain't Cool," by George Strait.

"A Country Boy Can Survive," by Hank Williams Jr., is a close second.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I'd have to go back to my childhood, when I was playing to records for hours a day. But I'm sure it was either Rush - Tom Sawyer or Freewill.
As far as gigs, it would be Dream Theater - Pull me Under (on guitar though). We ran that song into the ground. I can't even listen to it anymore.

dwsabianguy

It's probably something AC/DC due to drum lessons. Either Back in Black or Highway to Hell.

But it also might be Tom Sawyer because I now play that song semi-professionally, and it was one of the first tunes we needed to nail in order to garner some respect as a Rush tribute act. But I don't play that song too much unless I've got the whole kit set up.

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I've never been in a cover band, so the only known songs I've played a lot would be specific songs the band decided to cover. Recently it would be Without Judgment by Death. Prior to that it would probably be all of the Unhallowed CD by The Black Dahlia Murder, not with the band just for my own enjoyment. .

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I'm sure it's probably something by Metallica back when I was learning songs. Blackened took me about a year to learn completely and play through without error.

I'm sure the winner would be one of the originals when I was gigging.

BruceW

Very likely its Sweet Home Alabama, given the frequency of that as a bar band staple for the 40 years since I started. In recent years, it's definitely Oh Darling, as I've become associated with that in our little scene, so even if I come up to do a song with someone else's band, they usually have me play that. In our show, if any of our regulars are in the audience, I'll get killed if I don't play it. Alternatively fun and/or tiresome, but if someone wants you to play a song cuz of the way you specifically do it, then you do it, dammit ;)

NouveauCliche

Since late February, I've made a decision to play, I Melt With You by Modern English, every time I practice-- which is almost everyday. And, I've realized, I've now played that song, more than any other song. What song have you played more than any other?
Our band has a single that matches our name and our first album name...so we've played that a million times. It's cool enough - hip hop/jazz and the chorus switches into 7 - so that's always fun...but I'm low key over it haha.

That or anything off "Kind of Blue".