One Shot Annie

The Scorpio

My latest original song!!

Hey everyone! I meant to post this earlier in the week, but my internet was down and a friend of mine just got it working last night. Apparently I was absent the day everyone learned about making sure things were plugged in well. . .

Anywho, I just finished up a new original tune called "One Shot Annie." I hope that you'll take a few minutes to check it out and tell me what you think, good or bad. I'm trying to improve my mixing and production. And songwriting of course. And drumming too. Ok let's just say that everything is fair game lol.

www.facebook.com/kylealigood

-Kyle

Last edited:

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
And I like to thank Mad About Drums for encouraging me to post this. He always gives me good advice, and I know he does that for a lot of others on this forum. So thanks, Henri. You rock, sir!

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate you kind comments, but you and I know too well that's because I'm just after your magical 28" bass drum, lol.

And a slight correction young man, YOU rock Kyle, One Shot Annie is just the proof of your multi-talent as a writer, a drummer, a guitarist, a bass player, a singer, a sound enginer and as a production engineer. :))

Here's my message to Kyle some few days ago via PM:

"I have listen to your new song, oh man, this is ab-so-lu-te-ly brilliant, the vocal, the writing, the drums (man, what a drum part that is, amazing) the ambiance, the mix, everything is so mature, I'm genuinely impressed and please at the same time, I have found the song to have a heavy influence by the Beatles, which is the first thing that jumped in my mind when the song started and remained throughought the song, you MUST put this on the forum at one stage when you feel ready, it such a beautiful song, I'm a fan, that's for sure Kyle :))"

The Scorpio

Thanks Walle! I agree the hi-hat after the first chorus is too loud. I can't believe that I missed it, and it's a super easy fix. I suppose I just got focused on everything else and missed the volume issue in that section. But it shall be fixed!!! And soon!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
On first listen, I like this, but I'm not sure why. That's usually a good sign for me. Something that hits me in a different place other than instant satisfaction. One thing I am sure of, & that's my total admiration for your multi instrument & writing skills. Not only that, but the balls to put it all out there. I hope you're very proud of this, I know I would be :)

fixxxer

Man, I like the tune! I got kind of a Blind Melon feel from it. Really cool- very nice!