One of my gigs with Tim Russ

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
One of the more consistent gigs I have is with actor Tim Russ. Tim's an L.A. based working actor who I have known and worked with for over 20 years. Tim's most famous role has been as a featured character on the Star Trek franchise offering "Star Trek: Voyager" as Tuvok.

I was just reading another thread that talked about the 'Your Playing' section. I don't throw stuff out often for people to look at but felt maybe some would be interested.

Here's a gig we did a couple summers ago at Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-3ksfnSO74

Jim

BTW: We gig regularly in L.A and at various out of town locations (England in May!) so you can check Tim's website for dates I'm playing with him

flydrummer

That's cool. I never knew he played. I'll definitely have to check you guys out sometime.

Last edited:

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Cool. The kit sounds nice. I like how did the gig with just one crash. I can never convince myself to get that minimalistic.

Side note: I notice we live in the same neighborhood. hummmmm.....

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
That's cool. I never knew he played. I'll definitely have to check you guys out sometime.
Not sure if you live in the L.A. area but....

We play every 4th Sunday at the Kibitz Room next to Canter's Deli in Hollywood. No cover/minimum. Come on down! We hit somewhere between 10:00 and 10;30. We only play about 30 to 45 minutes.

We're also playing a gig at some place called Taix Restaurant on Saturday (3/17) at about 10:00. That's no cover as well but this is our first time playing there so don't quite know what to expect otherwise.

Jim

flydrummer

Not sure if you live in the L.A. area but....

We play every 4th Sunday at the Kibitz Room next to Canter's Deli in Hollywood. No cover/minimum. Come on down! We hit somewhere between 10:00 and 10;30. We only play about 30 to 45 minutes.

We're also playing a gig at some place called Taix Restaurant on Saturday (3/17) at about 10:00. That's no cover as well but this is our first time playing there so don't quite know what to expect otherwise.

Jim
I'm close by, in the L.A. area. Taix is an interesting place to play. It's an old French Restaurant in Echo Park. You guys should go over well as it tends to attract a diverse crowd. Would love to come but I'll be in SD over the weekend. FYI, there's a good pizza place down the street from it on Sunset called Masa Bakery.

I'll have to try and hit The Kibitz Room. Is that gonna be the 25th?

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
I'm close by, in the L.A. area. Taix is an interesting place to play. It's an old French Restaurant in Echo Park. You guys should go over well as it tends to attract a diverse crowd. Would love to come but I'll be in SD over the weekend. FYI, there's a good pizza place down the street from it on Sunset called Masa Bakery.

I'll have to try and hit The Kibitz Room. Is that gonna be the 25th?
Thanks for the heads up and encouragement. LOVE good pizza. :)

Yes we'll be there on the 25th. Of course you probably know that Canter's Deli has one of the more happening pastrami sandwiches as well as great bagels and pastries.

Hmmm...we were talking about gigs right? Can't deny good grub though!

Come on by and make sure you introduce yourself.

Jim

flydrummer

Thanks for the heads up and encouragement. LOVE good pizza. :)

Yes we'll be there on the 25th. Of course you probably know that Canter's Deli has one of the more happening pastrami sandwiches as well as great bagels and pastries.

Hmmm...we were talking about gigs right? Can't deny good grub though!

Come on by and make sure you introduce yourself.

Jim
Well ya know, we expend so much energy playing drums we have to replenish ourselves with good eats!

I'll definitely try to come and will of course say hello.

B

BigSteve

Hi Shedboyxx, Nice video and good playing on your part. I didn't know Tim Russ is a musician! I just knew him as the Tuvok character. I'll have to check his website for more.