One Hit Wonders

aydee

Platinum Member
The 99 Luft balloon chick-whats-her-name...?? Karl ?

Kung Fu Fighting... dont- remember- the- guys- name.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
"Hocus-Pocus" by Focus & "Black-Betty" by Ram-Jam nowadays it seems like there is a lot more one-hit wonders then what there used to be like "own worst ememy" by Lit & "Sex & Candy" by Marci Playground and no I don't. know what any of these bands are doing today.

Bonzolead

DrumGod

start with we only get what you give by the new radicals
Hahaha as soon as i read the thread name i was singing that song in my head!!!

A song called Help by this band of guys from England known as "the Beatles" dono if anyone ever heard of them personally i think they could of been huge and completely changed the music scene......

Return of the Mac by Marc Morrison

onemat

Re: one HIT wonders

Indian Reservation by Paul Revere and the Raiders. Last seen doing the county fair circuit.
Why would this be a one hit wonder. They had tons of hits. Actually "Indian Res" was listed under just "The Raiders"

Matt

DogBreath

Administrator Emeritus
Why would this be a one hit wonder. They had tons of hits. Actually "Indian Res" was listed under just "The Raiders"

Matt
Paul Revere and the Raiders recorded on and off for four decades, and with various names and member lineups they released roughly 30 albums and 50 singles of which only one was a Number One Hit. And that song was... Indian Reservation.

Ah-thankyou.

(Sorry, I thought we were just having fun with this thread, didn't know we needed to quote Billboard statistics)

A song called Help by this band of guys from England known as "the Beatles" dono if anyone ever heard of them personally i think they could of been huge and completely changed the music scene......
Weren't they just a cover band?

onemat

OK, I'm dating myself here but here's a few of my favorites that come to mind One Hit Wonders:

"Do You Know What I Mean" Lee Michaels

"Kansas City" Wilbert Harrison

"I Want Candy" The Strangeloves

"Switching To Glide" The Kings (?) Do I have The Artist Right?

"The Rapper" The Jaggerz

"Ah Leah" Donnie Iris (From the group "The Jaggerz)

"Radar Love" Golden Earring

"Expressway To Your Heart" The Soul Survivors

"Lies" The Knickerbockers

"Something In The Air" Thunderclap Newman

"White Bird" It's A Beautiful Day

"In The Year 2025" Zagger and Evans

"Little Girl" The Syndicate Of Sound

"Girl Don't Come" Sandy Shaw

"96 Tears" ? And The Mysterians

"Fire" Crazy World Of Arthur Brown

"Reflections Of My Life" Marmalade

Go here for more: http://www.onehitwondercentral.com/

Matt

N

nhzoso

The ultimate one hit wonder...

Somebody's watching me by????? Damn I can't remember right now. Pretty sure he is from England though..hmmmmm Falco Maybe?? Not sure