One hand roll push pull getting there......

Tidge

Very nice, love to see experienced drummers show off their advanced techniques ;)

Hopefully one day I will have the patience to get that technique up to speed; until then, i'll have to be content with the rim fulcrum one handed roll technique.....

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
Very nice, love to see experienced drummers show off their advanced techniques ;)

Hopefully one day I will have the patience to get that technique up to speed; until then, i'll have to be content with the rim fulcrum one handed roll technique.....
One of the reason I wanted to develope the push pull is so MANY drummers are doing the freehand now..
I was doing freehand in 1989 in solos so I must move forward
Tim

MikeyOdrums

I agree Tim I like the push and pull technique for some jaz groupings, I do find it tough to get a significant amount of volume BUT it creates some interesting usage in fills and beat construction.
Free hand is "so yesterdays news" lol
mike

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
I agree Tim I like the push and pull technique for some jaz groupings, I do find it tough to get a significant amount of volume BUT it creates some interesting usage in fills and beat construction.
Free hand is "so yesterdays news" lol
mike
Actually Mike ive been trying to get freehand style rhythms using push pull as well.
for Volume I use a different type of motion to get more volume.
i'll post more clips soon
Tim

Hey guys,

Can somebody help me?
I am trying to learn the one handed roll (push-pull style) but i dont get alot of volume out of the drums.
How do i make a good roll which has plenty of volume??