On tom placement, and the value of attitude over perfection...

wraub

...I submit the following-
The semi-legendary Mike Watt, bass player for The Minutemen, and others, playing on the Jon Stewart show... And, yes, the backing band for the first song is Dave Grohl, Eddie Vedder, and Pat Smear...

I think the drummer on the second track is George Hurley, but I'm not sure.

Original

The names on the train cars are pretty fun, too.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Performance vibe & delivery will always trump everything. People don't go to a concert to hear a studio replication, they go to feel something.
Finally someone gets what I've been saying for years. You just put it better than me. Thanks.

wraub

This, was, in essence, my post.

No matter the recording, and your faithfulness to it, the live performance must always engage with the audience, or else, their visit with you was wasted.

Again, you said it better.

Performance vibe & delivery will always trump everything. People don't go to a concert to hear a studio replication, they go to feel something.

GOOSE72

First and foremost when you get on stage you better be able to play it note for note. Musicianship trumps everything, if you can't play nobody feels anything.