Older Pre Yes mount Stage customs

A-customs

Silver Member
Having regretted selling advantage kit a while back ,IM NOW GOt my eyes on a 90s Stage custom kit.It does not have the yess mounts.Do these kits sing like the kits WITH the yess mounts or are do ya think i will be disappointed in the sound ,tone of the older kit....

alparrott

Platinum Member
Having regretted selling advantage kit a while back ,IM NOW GOt my eyes on a 90s Stage custom kit.It does not have the yess mounts.Do these kits sing like the kits WITH the yess mounts or are do ya think i will be disappointed in the sound ,tone of the older kit....
I have a set that came without the YESS mounts, and later I added a 16" tom that did have the YESS mounts. The 16" certainly had sustain and/or resonance for days, but I didn't have a non-YESS tom to A/B compare it with. Later I took the YESS mount off and put legs on it.

I have never had any complaints about my drum sound for not having YESS; they are great drums that, when properly tuned, sound thousands of dollars better. I don't think you will be disappointed as long as the kit is structurally sound, in round, and the edges are still okay.