Old Stamp 22inc Stamp 3

nageljim

Hello members,
Anyone know what a old stamp #3 Zildjian 22inc ride with 12 rivits in nice shape with no issues would be worth ? Cymbal sounds great and is at 2620g at 5.7 something pounds.

Members, Wondering what this cymbal is truly worth at minimum. Old stamp #3 Zildjian 22inc ride with 12 rivits in nice shape with no issues and sounds great. At 2620g and 5.7 something pounds. Sounds and looks great. Measures 21.5

Attachments

• 110F573F-4C8C-4833-880C-B92451D4FCC2.jpeg
    110F573F-4C8C-4833-880C-B92451D4FCC2.jpeg
    778.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Members, Wondering what this cymbal is truly worth at minimum. Old stamp #3 Zildjian 22inc ride with 12 rivits in nice shape with no issues and sounds great. At 2620g and 5.7 something pounds. Sounds and looks great. Measures 21.5
There are a couple of mitigating factors. 1st is that it’s currently one of the most faked cymbals around. I’m told that really serious folks will have it tested for residual radiation as cymbals made before WWII won’t have any.
Assuming it’s real the second issue is whether it has factory drilled rivets or a later installation. Factory ones tend to be further back from the edge and so the edge has less danger of cracking. If it’s all good, 2000-3000 depending on sound and hammering. Really special ones can do 4000 plus if the stars align.

Pete

There are a couple of mitigating factors. 1st is that it’s currently one of the most faked cymbals around. I’m told that really serious folks will have it tested for residual radiation as cymbals made before WWII won’t have any.
Assuming it’s real the second issue is whether it has factory drilled rivets or a later installation. Factory ones tend to be further back from the edge and so the edge has less danger of cracking. If it’s all good, 2000-3000 depending on sound and hammering. Really special ones can do 4000 plus if the stars align.

Pete
The Cymbal looks real to me and the person who sold it knows these cymbals well. The holes are not factory but are done nice. Sound is great but I am use to super light cymbals so this is an adjustment for me playing at a meduim weight.

Pete
i agree with the price. Believe it or not, that Old K 1940s stamp 22inc Zildjian I had we talked about on the fjust sold on Reverb this week for $3600. Everyone said it was worth 1800 to 2k. Sold in 2 days.

The Cymbal looks real to me and the person who sold it knows these cymbals well. The holes are not factory but are done nice. Sound is great but I am use to super light cymbals so this is an adjustment for me playing at a meduim weight.

I agree with the price. Believe it or not, that Old K 1940s stamp 22inc Zildjian old stamp iia I had we talked about on the the forum earlier sold on Reverb this week for $3600. Everyone said it was worth 1800 to 2k. Sold in 2 days.

Pete

The Cymbal looks real to me and the person who sold it knows these cymbals well. The holes are not factory but are done nice. Sound is great.

I agree with the price. Believe it or not, that Old K 1940s stamp 22inc Zildjian I had we talked about on the forum just sold on Reverb this week for $3600. Everyone said it was worth 1800 to 2k. Sold in 2 days.

The drummers who collect and play old Ks are super passionate about them. That tends to help keep the prices up.

Back