Old Modern Drummer Mags.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I have a lot of MD magazines probably most of the 80s and 90s I need to get rid of them. Do you think it would be worth my while to try and sell them, or would they even sell?

lefty2

Platinum Member
You should post an asking
Price here and have members ask which ones they want. I may be interested in some.
I'll try to see exactly what I have and post with more information.

roncadillac

If you are really serious about selling them then don't bother shipping, put the whole stack on Craigslist for $10 and expect to get $5.

C. Dave Run

Silver Member
I have a lot of MD magazines probably most of the 80s and 90s I need to get rid of them. Do you think it would be worth my while to try and sell them, or would they even sell?
Not sure how you feel about ebay. There are tons of listings. Some issues are asking collectible amounts (march 1994 - Dave Grohl $15), most are a years worth, asking $25-$40. If you have 2 decades worth and sell each year for $25, that's $500.

You might also be able to unload them over time filling in the gaps of collectors. They will pay more for that one mag than anyone else.

If it was me, I'd go through them and keep the few that have stuff that I want, and toss the rest.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I don't have them in my possession I'm going to go get them today they're in storage and chances are high that I do have a couple worth some money. I hate to throw them away especially if there's some value, I just can't keep lot of things like this anymore we've downsized our living space. Found a Harley Davidson book that was worth maybe up to $200 I got it when I was 15 somebody offered me 120 for it so I sold it to him for 50 bucks lol.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Do a little research on eBay. For a given year, say ...... you sell six at $10, and six at $5 ..... that's $90, just for one year.

roncadillac

You also could always donate them to a local library or music shop/lesson center. This allows other drummers to take in some content. I wouldn't buy a MF from the 90s but if I noticed one on a shelf I would thumb through it.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I used to have a massive collection. I got rid of it when I moved 15 years ago because it was a pain to keep moving it around and it took up a lot of space. That said, I do regret getting rid of it.

jda

Libraries take magazines?

I have car magazines going back to 1967 (some earlier)
Some many hard Covers;.
Music magazines from 1968
in addition to the mDs and other drum literature.

I need a storefront and used to have one... : (
I love store fronts.
My next one will be called "Bygone Items" because
"once you buy it it's gone.."

jda

you know the ads, in old magazines sometimes bring $9 by themselves..
Now if you could just get someone with patience, razor and a pair of scissors...

lefty2

Platinum Member
Here's a few pictures of some prominent features drummers. I'm gonna put these on the for sale page.

Attachments

• 20220617_143033.jpg
    20220617_143033.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220617_142900.jpg
    20220617_142900.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220617_142824.jpg
    20220617_142824.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 8

lefty2

Platinum Member
I think I must have most issues from 1978 to around 2020 (when they stopped sending it).
Maybe there's a value !?
I don't think I discovered the magazine until 82 and I was getting it from my local music store which was 30 miles away. 1978 Dang that is cool I was 18 that year And had a 5 piece set of ludwig standards in gold Strata finish