Old improv video

was looking at my youtube profile and thought I'd post this old improv that I did to test out my new camera a while back.

Go easy, I've made many improvements since this video was recorded, and I only look so stiff because I had just set up the kit before band practice and not warmed up at all before I started videotaping.

lol, I'll have to make a second video just to make up for this one now. All in good fun though, feedback welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DrulVO5R8&feature=channel_page

D

d1ckerd

hey man this is some pretty kickin stuff! pretty heavy, and nice snare rolls at the beginning. you keeping a pretty steady time, but keep playing with a metronome (or start haha) and youll be well on your way to owning major face!

:)

lol I do play with a metronome. in practice, in the studio, and live, which is why my timing gets slightly wacky when I just sit down and jam without the click. I need to work on that. :)

that was a while ago when I played and did some vocals for a metal band (note the microphone), so its quite a bit heavier than the usual for me. thats just kind of where I was at mentally at the time.

D

d1ckerd

lol I do play with a metronome. in practice, in the studio, and live, which is why my timing gets slightly wacky when I just sit down and jam without the click. I need to work on that. :)

that was a while ago when I played and did some vocals for a metal band (note the microphone), so its quite a bit heavier than the usual for me. thats just kind of where I was at mentally at the time.

hahaha word dude. i know what its like to go from heavy to soft (im in a death metal and "acoustic" bands hehe). its quite the trip, because its stimulating different parts of your drumming mind.
when im playing heavy i like to do a lot of cymbal bass work, while when im keeping it soft i'll find myself doing a lot of snare/tom work. not to say i dont hit the cymbals when i play soft, or use the bass drum either, but you know what i mean. my favorite however is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

i don't really know why i felt compelled to add this but, I did!