Old guys rocking. Bonus of Larry's amazing snare gift; vid/audio.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Hey fellas/fellettes,

Got a few for ya.

First is an example of the upcoming album, a cool number in 6 called "the spell". Features a 'clean' example of the new black beauty which was Larry's amazing gift that I'll be treasuring for life.
https://www.reverbnation.com/glasscreek/song/27531612-the-spell
Album should be out in a month or so. Waiting on the last few tracks to be mixed and then mastered out.

Then there's a video the guitar player took w/ his phone. Came out sounding surprisingly un-muddy for such a small room and tiny mic. I guess this would be an "unclean" example of the same snare. Limited dynamic range on those little phones...
https://www.facebook.com/chris.anderson.988926/posts/1501783713166127

Hopefully that last link works... Not a facespace user or fan, but that's where he put it.

Wow Doc the drums really sound good on this recording (snare too)-nice solid rock playing sir. I like the singer can't put my finger on it -sort of a mix of Eddie Vedder and Bryan Ferry.

You guys are too nice, as usual. Thanks.

Snare is top/bottom two 57s I believe. Personally I think they might have dried it out a bit too much in post, but especially with the huge brass cast hoops it's pretty dry even in the room. I also didn't tackle the snare side head, which larry likes to keep tighter than a dolphins butt (water tight)... I took the thing into the studio literally the next day after it arrived and only had time to swap the top.

Thanks Zeph, someone compares us (mostly singer) to STP pretty much every show, even the studio engineer. Melvins is a new one, though I think lots of folks aren't familiar, especially in the metal-oriented stuff we tend to play at.

Really appreciate the listens!

I listened to The Spell. It sounded great, not only the BB but everything. Good band. I liked it.

I'm really liking your groove on the studio track. Really nailed the feel & spaces nicely!

Thank you Andy, means a lot. Hope we're able to share a beer some day. First round is mine.

lefty2 said:
I listened to The Spell. It sounded great, not only the BB but everything. Good band. I liked it.

Thank you so much for listening, and for the praise. Hopefully you'll listen to/dig the rest of the album too. There's actually a spread of song types and that one is probably the most ballad-y. Again, really appreciate the listens.

Back