Old DW 5000 Post Bearing Size

Phil A.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone replaced the post bearings in a 90s DW 5000 pedal or possibly a pre-Tama Camco? I can see it's definitely a good deal smaller than the modern 5000 bearings. My measurement says it's 5/8" outside diameter, so would it just be the standard 5/8"x1-3/8"x0.3438 that I keep seeing online?

Sorry if this info is already posted elsewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Doing this because the previous bearing is all rattly and loose, and I think it's slowing the pedal down and causing a clicking noise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Try contacting DW. They may sell the bearings or be able to point you to a supplier. If they are of no help, take your bearings to a skate shop. They deal with bearings.

Phil A.

Try contacting DW. They may sell the bearings or be able to point you to a supplier. If they are of no help, take your bearings to a skate shop. They deal with bearings.
I contacted DW a few years ago but they couldn't really help me just because the pedal is so long out of production. I'll try the skateboard shop, thanks.

Phil A.

For anyone who was looking for the size it's 1/4" x 11/16" x 1/4". You want to make sure you get a shielded one, not sealed.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
For anyone who was looking for the size it's 1/4" x 11/16" x 1/4". You want to make sure you get a shielded one, not sealed.
We’re you able to find these at a skate shop? I would think the sealed ones would fly, no?

Phil A.

After I made this thread I took a chance on some info I found on another site. I got the bearing from bigbearingstore.com. Sealed might work but on this particular model it added to the outside diameter so it wouldn't fit.
We’re you able to find these at a skate shop? I would think the sealed ones would fly, no?