Okay Pearl people, explain this

jda

Gold Member
Pearl-People Movie-Time..

I can imagine- pushing the "C" getting some weird positioning angles- could come in handy & not a gimmick necessarily right..
"and if you don't need the base"..

Ransan

If these were out when I got my 2030 boom stand, I would have picked one of these up as well.
I love the aesthetics and the concept is smart and ergo, for a stand by itself, I wouldn’t mind placing a ride over the bass with the look of the booms curve - I think it’d work.

But from an advanced systems approach, I’d most likely cluster or take the knurled arm and switch with the 2030 I use for my crash/splash cluster that also racks the tom(s). Now I’d imagine it with a more ergo flow instead of 180 linear.

39254729-0868-4AB4-8F1B-EF2FECE8EE2F.jpeg8B35CCE1-D6E1-404C-83C3-4FA46122AEEC.jpeg

Obviously from the get go, it would give me a sense of depth as the middle part of the curve is furthest from its plane and would let me have that dimensional aspect play.

Also my knurled arm is 12mm, while the curve is 12.5mm, not much but it’s a little more real estate.

Those little tilters are the game changers I’ve been talking about for close to two years.

Saying that and being a gear nerd, I just saw in SW add, DWs attempt at this removable tilter concept that Pearl has had for some time and has patented but not sure the specifics to what is patented, be it the mechanics or the GL tilter’s design.

2E945E2F-5080-4D39-B8D9-62E733243538.jpeg

The Pearl has 3 holes, 2 for linear axis placing, and end insert which ‘caps’ the boom and give the tilters vectors a sense or even more directional options.

Here’s the boom in full dress mode, encircled is what is going on the stand itself.

You’ll have to excuse me I grew up on Nu Metal so splashes are a must!

75ADFF67-725D-4C13-8CAD-3A59BD5B7E81.jpeg

Also @Al Strange I still have the curved boom on my 2022 wish list and the years almost over. 😉

TK-421

If these were out when I got my 2030 boom stand, I would have picked one of these up as well.
I love the aesthetics and the concept is smart and ergo, for a stand by itself, I wouldn’t mind placing a ride over the bass with the look of the booms curve - I think it’d work.

But from an advanced systems approach, I’d most likely cluster or take the knurled arm and switch with the 2030 I use for my crash/splash cluster that also racks the tom(s). Now I’d imagine it with a more ergo flow instead of 180 linear.

View attachment 126001View attachment 126002

Obviously from the get go, it would give me a sense of depth as the middle part of the curve is furthest from its plane and would let me have that dimensional aspect play.

Also my knurled arm is 12mm, while the curve is 12.5mm, not much but it’s a little more real estate.

Those little tilters are the game changers I’ve been talking about for close to two years.

Saying that and being a gear nerd, I just saw in SW add, DWs attempt at this removable tilter concept that Pearl has had for some time and has patented but not sure the specifics to what is patented, be it the mechanics or the GL tilter’s design.

View attachment 126004

The Pearl has 3 holes, 2 for linear axis placing, and end insert which ‘caps’ the boom and give the tilters vectors a sense or even more directional options.

Here’s the boom in full dress mode, encircled is what is going on the stand itself.

You’ll have to excuse me I grew up on Nu Metal so splashes are a must!

View attachment 126003

Also @Al Strange I still have the curved boom on my 2022 wish list and the years almost over. 😉
You win the prize for the first good use of a curved boom arm that I’ve seen. Except you’re not actually using a curved arm, but whatever.

Ransan

You win the prize for the first good use of a curved boom arm that I’ve seen. Except you’re not actually using a curved arm, but whatever.
No thanks, keep your prize, lil kick back to you for helping me put together my 4160 back in the day.

If you read entirety, I did say what my intentions are going to be with a curved arm.