Okay Pearl people, explain this

TK-421

I just stumbled across this, and I just have to ask… WHY????
I can’t think of a single reason to have a curved boom arm, but maybe some Pearl user can shed some light on me.

1666464579573.jpeg

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Pearl user here. I have a curved boom arm that came in a pile of hardware, and I cant find anywhere to use it. It's just the arm though, and it's not Pearl. Oh yeah, it's old too, like 70s maybe.

TK-421

I have yet to see an application where a straight arm wouldn't do the same thing.
Exactly my point. That’s why when I saw that stand, I was like Huh???? It’s a solution in search of a problem, and I hate things like that.

Last edited:

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Does it bounce?

Utilizing the INFINITE angle adjustability of Pearl's GyroLock tilter, the B1030C Cymbal Boom Stand features the unique positioning reach of Pearl's Boomerang arched mounting arm. This exclusive 12.5mm curved arm creates totally unique set-up function and inspiring visuals. Its 12mm knurled shaft interacts with other Pearl Boomerang accessories that make previously unattainable cymbal configurations possible.

The B1030C features die-cast pipe joints with nylon bushings to prevent unwanted vibration noise along the shaft. The entire system is supported by parallel double-braced legs, for a solid, secure base via the stand's vibration-absorbing rubber feet. Truly, a superior platform for your most coveted brass.

C8FD7354-AC9C-4498-BA85-03BFA0C01F1D.jpeg

WuHan Solo

Exactly my point. That’s why when I saw saw that stand, I was like Huh???? It’s a solution in search of a problem, and I hate things like that.

While I agree that they do what a straight boom does, I also can appreciate a kit that doesn't look like the catalogue picture and everyone else's set. Something more unique, possibly even iconic, if done right. I think these just add more options, like a curved rack bar vs straight.

jda

wait. expecting Pearl people to explain

it's like a Tommy Lee fetish maybe Bon Jovi usually not Billy Hart
thing.

jda

So derivative I can't take no 'mo.... : D

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
OK...OK...were all on America's got talent performing drum solos and we all wow the judges. They huddle and can't make up their minds..they are at a stand still. UNTIL...Simon says..but wait..the drummer with those weird curved cymbal arms..he had people wondering what in thee H.E. double hockey sticks are those!?..the rest of the audience echoed those thoughts. Yup..he wins for the added stage presence. THATS when you need those. Think! drummers think!. 😃.

TK-421

OK...OK...were all on America's got talent performing drum solos and we all wow the judges. They huddle and can't make up their minds..they are at a stand still. UNTIL...Simon says..but wait..the drummer with those weird curved cymbal arms..he had people wondering what in thee H.E. double hockey sticks are those!?..the rest of the audience echoed those thoughts. Yup..he wins for the added stage presence. THATS when you need those. Think! drummers think!. 😃.
That’s about as hypothetical as they come. I’m sure that’s exactly what the designers at Pearl were thinking when they came up with this. ;)

jda

'it's just another angle adjustment'

------Flo and Eddie at Fillmore East 1971 Frank Zappa and the Mothers