Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Anurdrums

This looks awesome! I hope one year I will find the time to visit NAMM. I`ve been to MusikMesse in Frakfurt, but NAMM is obviously much bigger. One question, do they sell at NAMM or is it a typical convention where they just present their products for the upcoming year.

Fuo

Platinum Member
Now that was a bad joke. Might want to get rid of that one. Many Canadians died in those two big wars that we didn't start, and one going on right now that makes no sense at all!
And you got that it was a JOKE... I obviously mean no disrespect to any vets, there was a smiley, and I even added a link to a similar JOKE article, its completely obvious. Its a common, long-running joke that I've on both sides of the border.

S

sticks4drums

And you got that it was a JOKE... I obviously mean no disrespect to any vets, there was a smiley, and I even added a link to a similar JOKE article, its completely obvious. Its a common, long-running joke that I've on both sides of the border.
I know you were kidding but it is still a off colour joke on an open forum. With your buddies is a different story.

M

mediocrefunkybeat

No. Clearly not.

A neutrino goes into a bar and orders a pint. 'How much?' he asks the barman. 'No charge!'

Typo

That's some pretty funky lookin' stuff from Mapex. MyDentity being custom stuff, I guess? It also looked like a "Jupiter" banner was in the background of one photo. Hmm...

SoCalMike

Official Drummerworld Photographer
Just a quick update I still have DW Ludwig and Yamaha and some others........
Just waiting for Bernhard to get back today..........

SoCalMike

Great Pics Mike! Wish I could be there!

Just so you guys know , Casey Grillo (Drumstatic) and I did the head for Brians Drum Craft kit. That turned into a very cool head (albeit pretty expensive) that uses what will probably become the norm for lighted drumheads if the price drops. His signature is a light panel and there are four super bright LEDS that act as diamond sparkles. I built a control box that allows them to control everything from intensity and flash patterns. The guys called me in a panic yesterday because two of the LEDS got damaged during shipping but said they got them back working , well sort of...

The light panel is basically a giant capacitor that excites phosphors to light. The good thing is that it is vibration proof and will not burn out. As its life gets used it dims but still lights. Average life is between 10,000 and 20,000 hours of on time. The down side is that inorder to light it, you have to convert dc voltage to ac voltage. On that perticular panel it is being hit with about 470 volts ac , with amperage around 16. So its not going to kill you but sure can wake you up !

I am so happy to see a pic of the kit with it on and posted here! We are also doing the Madonna tour heads and possibly the Madonna superbowl head. That may help to explain my absense lately.

Keep'em coming Mike!
Nice work gwaco........

SoCalMike

I ran into So Cal Mike numerous times today.

I'll type up a formal post and post more pictures after the weekend.

Remember, the DrummerWorld.com meets up is Saturday, 12 noon at the Ludwig booth!
Hi Ian great talking to you..........Sorry I missed you guys on Saturday I was a no show for Saturday

SoCalMike

Awesome pics ..Mike . I just want to say I have been to NAMM 5 yrs now. I have been a drummer 40 yrs now and I think best of show should be CRUSH drums. Not taken nothing from the other drum companies but they are new . Their drums are awesome in my opinion and their work in design is excellent.
Thanks Chuck it was great to see you same time next year lol???

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Speaking of the Ludwig booth DW meetup here is the PIC
What pic? Sorry I missed it! But I did catch up with Bermuda the next day. I apologize to my DW brothers for missing the lunch, but apparently I was out schmoozing with some positive results I'll report in on in a few weeks.

S

sticks4drums

What pic? Sorry I missed it! But I did catch up with Bermuda the next day. I apologize to my DW brothers for missing the lunch, but apparently I was out schmoozing with some positive results I'll report in on in a few weeks.
Yay! You got sponsored by Mapex! :)

Nodiggie

Gold Member
This looks awesome! I hope one year I will find the time to visit NAMM. I`ve been to MusikMesse in Frakfurt, but NAMM is obviously much bigger. One question, do they sell at NAMM or is it a typical convention where they just present their products for the upcoming year.
Some will (can) sell direct to you, usually on Sunday. The larger Mfg. will only sell through a distributor. It's the "retailers" that score big on Sunday. Many of them buy up all the pies, drums, etc.etc. for very, very low prices. I picked up a nice ride (22" Power Slave) from a retailer that scored it from the Chicago Drum Show. I scored another Kelly Shu this year for an excellent price. Everyone there tries to dump most everything they can so they don't have to ship it all back to their warehouses.

Nodiggie

Gold Member
I think this is right, forgive me if it I got it wrong: Picasso, Joe, Me, Bermuda, DrumEatDrum (Ion) Drumhead61 (Jim)

There were a few other members there that were not able to make the photo shoot. Pat Patrillo, Masonni, Bo, Risendrummer and SoCalMike that I know of.

Attachments

Last edited:

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
It was really nice to meet some of you guys. thanks for the picture.

Joe

I think this is right, forgive me if it I got it wrong: Picasso, Joe,

Me, Bermuda, DrumEatDrum (Ion) Drumhead61 (Jim)

There were a few other members there that were not able to make the photo shoot. Pat Patrillo, Masonni, Bo, Risendrummer and SoCalMike that I know of.

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
Ludwig - Bun E. Carlos : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Attachments

Last edited: