Off Topic Logo

Nice!

That's awesome.

Back in the 90's, I used to work down the lane from "Four Fingers Woodworking" which had a hilarious logo... Will see if I can locate it.

That's awesome.

Back in the 90's, I used to work down the lane from "Four Fingers Woodworking" which had a hilarious logo... Will see if I can locate it.
Sounds like one of the woodworkers I watch on Youtube, Stumpynubs.

Last edited:
Very clever stuff.

I'm still looking forward to seeing some pics of your workshop and some projects.
A few here. Plenty of picture frames, a wine rack for my sis, boxes, a bagel holder for slicing. Lots of stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9479.jpeg
    IMG_9479.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9633.jpeg
    IMG_9633.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9658.jpeg
    IMG_9658.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9730.jpeg
    IMG_9730.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9720.jpeg
    IMG_9720.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9819.jpeg
    IMG_9819.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 6
Sounds like one of the woodworkers I watch on Youtube, Stumpynumbs.

Have you ever watched The Woodwrights Shop on PBS? That guy makes me nervous. He is so jittery and space case like. Everytime I watch I wait for him to cut something off or stab himself.

Have you ever watched The Woodwrights Shop on PBS? That guy makes me nervous. He is so jittery and space case like. Everytime I watch I wait for him to cut something off or stab himself.
He is an American Legend. Older than he looks, but be assured if he hurts himself, and if he does woodworking he will, it will or has been edited out.

I built this for a friends rustic rebuild. It holds two bath towels rolled up in the top, two rolls of Toilet paper in the middle section for storage, and two rolls on spindles ready for use on the bottom section.

Attachments

• IMG_9601.jpeg
    IMG_9601.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4
This is the video that got me....

Holy christ skip to 4:22

When I was working in a woodshop we had all kinds of near misses. The saws all had blade brakes on them in case a finger got in there. At least once a week one would get tripped. The worse was a temp worker was using the router table with gloves on. The cutting blade grabbed the side of the glove and about ripped his pinky off inside the glove. As he was leaving the building his finger was literally going the wrong way.

When I was younger and working in factories, I saw some horrendous accidents that still make me cringe when I think about them.
More from metal working than woodworking, but the results are similar.

The overall attitude toward safety in our culture has REALLY changed in the last 40 years. I’m just old enough to remember not having to wear seat belts. I was 9 when the law changed. And I never was in a car seat when I was a kid. I just crawled around in the backseat. You’d be executed for letting kids do that now. Even though cars are much safer now.

Even after cars encouraged seat belt use it was quite some time before trucks used them. Crazy people had them for years before use came into vogue. Now people have turn signals and rarely use them LOL. I have some friends who watched their friend get eaten at a textile mill, and i remember a shirt factory with poor ventilation- even as a kid I couldn’t walk in there without hacking my head off. Then injuries at meat market and a paper mill. Hell caution was thrown to the wind so glad to see more safety concerns. I can see GruntersDad is safety conscious and gets his ducks in a row to do it right in his shop. Love the new logo-Grunter did well for Dad .

I let my tablesaw bite my thumb once. Only because I had my saw blade height proper, I still have my thumb. I have watched almost every youtube vid on every power tool I own. ALL power tools are dangerous and I work with no distractions. No music, no earphones because it helps me hear my tools to focus.

Back