Off Ebay: A Custom Mastersounds (14)/A Custom Fast Crash (18)

ZootELoops

Well, if you were counter-bidding me last night for these cymbals - I have a ton of curse words for you! At the bell, I wound up paying much more than I had initially set for these items on auction - but I wanted to pick them both up from the same person to make it easier on everyone. In the end, I won both auctions and was able to use a 10% off coupon through ebay so I paid a total of $435.00, shipping included. Not a great deal, but with only a few hours of playing time and a couple fingerprints on them - I saved about $200 by buying used.

I currently use a Sabian XS20 set-up (14HH, 16med-thin crash and a 20 medium ride). Obviously I will be replacing the HH with the Mastersounds (keep an eye out as I may post the xs20 HH for sale very soon), but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these cymbals and if I would be able to seamlessly put the 18 fast crash into the current configuration, or if the A customs will be too much to pair with the ride or other crash.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS - Since posting this, I found a 20 K Custom Ride for sale in my area. How would this sound paired up with my new A Customs?

Last edited:

Drummertist

Silver Member
I feel ya man! I too bid on Ebay and constantly lose due to someone jacking up the price too soon in the bidding.

I did get a 10" A Custom Splash for $50 BUY NOW and that saved a lot of money!

Drifter in the Dark

Silver Member
Since posting this, I found a 20 K Custom Ride for sale in my area. How would this sound paired up with my new A Customs?
In a word: excellent! My dad plays one of those cymbals on his kit (20 inch) with Sabian AA crashes and Zildjian New Beats, and it fits in very well. It's a very assertive ride cymbal, with lots of dark overtones, excellent stick definition, and a loud bell that's to die for! It's great for rock, but if you put a sizzler chain on it and use lighter sticks (like the Peter Erskine model with the TINY tip), it's great for jazz, too.