Odd Premier kit

Yamaha Rider

This kit was listed on ebay recently in Okehampton, Devon, UK.
The toms appear to be concert type with no reso heads.
Tried to enquire about it but the owner wasn't answering his msgs and it never sold.
I know Premiers were super high quality and I love those lugs.
Anyone know what this model is and the age?

Attachments

drumnut87

looks like a soundwave kit with a 20" bass drum and 10/12/14 concert toms :) if you're on facebook, theres a big premier drums group who could give you the exact model of kit :)

Yamaha Rider

Aha! Thanks.
Not on FB unfortunately.
Why the concert toms do you think? Could it be aimed at old school dance bands for unmiked concerts?

Stuflyer

It's an early 80s Royale. There were OK but no better than that. They replaced the Club range which were FAR better. These had Luan shells with no re rings, and painted black inside. The speedboat lugs were the same as fitted to Soundwaves, ( the MK2 SWs had plinths under the lugs )
The hardware you got with it was called Trident, and was basically the same as the earlier Club range but with much larger tripod legs.
They are ok, but you're not really missing out. :)

Yamaha Rider

It's an early 80s Royale. There were OK but no better than that. They replaced the Club range which were FAR better. These had Luan shells with no re rings, and painted black inside. The speedboat lugs were the same as fitted to Soundwaves, ( the MK2 SWs had plinths under the lugs )
The hardware you got with it was called Trident, and was basically the same as the earlier Club range but with much larger tripod legs.
They are ok, but you're not really missing out. :)
Well spotted!
Now I know they're not gonna turn up on Antiques Roadshow for 20 grand I can sleep easy. 😄