OCDP Custom made Superman 5 piece Drum kit.

Metalguru

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. We have a bespoke OCDP drum kit 2009 in a Superman design (Picture Attached). Looking for info on web sites etc... that buy kits.

TIA

Attachments

• 119533002_326273555360180_531062299734220742_n (2).jpg
    119533002_326273555360180_531062299734220742_n (2).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 41
Why do you want to sell it? How much? I wouldn't think it would bring much money. Growing up, Superman was THE super hero unlike today with dozens of so called crime fighters. But even though I loved Superman, this set kind of looks like a kids set up. I wouldn't be interested, but who knows? Someone might. List on Ebay and Reverb and see what response you get.

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. We have a bespoke OCDP drum kit 2009 in a Superman design (Picture Attached). Looking for info on web sites etc... that buy kits.

TIA

That's a super niche kit - custom kits unfortunately never seem to bring much of a return.

I would do like John said and start on Reverb and Ebay: maybe with something like an $1600 or $1800 starting point and expect people to offer less...UNLESS the right superman collector or drum/superman collector comes along.

Thanks for your replies. It is fully working adult set. Picture does not do it justice really. Here is the original. RIP David.View attachment 95982

Very sorry for your loss - Hopefully another Superman or Woman will fall in love with the kit and carry on his legacy!!

might try reverb. definitely going to want to get nice descriptive pictures of it. maybe a test auction on e-bay w/ a high reserve would give you an idea what the value might be? something like that, if the auction gets bid high enough, you could give the high bidder a "second chance" offer

Spoken like a veteran of online drum sales. Lol

I loved the time where OCDP was doing all of the crazy custom 1-off's. Heck, I think that's ALL they did for quite a while before selling out to Guitar Center. Idk what this kit is worth simply due to the trends of deep bass drums and super-shallow toms not being in vogue anymore, but I really do love this kit. Thanks for sharing!

Those are some crazy shallow toms

From the photos provided it’s looks like the drums are the following sizes : Depth by diameter 5x10 mounted Tom 6x12 mounted Tom 10x14 mounted Tom 18x20 bass drum 5.5 x 14 vented snare drum

Back