OCDP beginnings

River19

At first prior to reading the text I was trying figure out if that is a huge kit or a midg.....err "Little Person" playing the kit......

14x14" snare huh? Guessing that is hell on grace notes.......

Man........not sure what else to say........

SomeBadDrummer

Dream sizes for me right there! 🤘
More like nightmare :sneaky: lol. This might be fine for huge stadium application when no PA system available, other than that I can't think of any place where this kit would be practical...

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
More like nightmare :sneaky: lol. This might be fine for huge stadium application when no PA system available, other than that I can't think of any place where this kit would be practical...
There isn't and for me, that's the point. In this age of smaller bop kits & 18" kicks, I'm still living in the power tom era of the 80's. 🤘

That being said, of course I'll play what works for the songs & not be "that guy". I enjoy my phone ringing for newer gigs & showing up at a jazz gig with a Bonham kit is one way to not get asked to do the next thing.

That's not a snare, it's a floor tom. I can't even call it a SNOM because even those are shallower.
Completely ridiculous is what it is. "Look at me, look at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

I respectfully disagree.
I made a 14x12" marching snare into a main snare that had floor tom legs on it. In fact, there's a pic on this forum of when my kit was ALL floor toms.
I assure you it had nothing to do with "look at ME!!" It was just an experiment to see if it would work & work it did. Sounds "Kenny Aronoff-level loud" and looks badass.
I also have a 14x14" snom on my left that works real well when needed. Snoms can be any depth and the one I use is modeled after the DW one Thomas Lang uses.

Big kits like the OCDP above work for certain music genres & not much else. They're fun to play though. ;)