Now I've gone & done it..

Vandalay

I decided to take this older looking drum kit off a bass player friends hands (he was going to throw it out...I cant say what brand it is, so I'm hoping one of you might have be able to identify it from the tom mount (I'm guessing it's an old Pearl kit)IMG-1271.jpg

I have all the all the hardware, but the biggest problem is some genius got the bright idea to paint the shells and wrap them in carpet (I know)..the sizes are 18x14, 10x7, 12x8, & 14x14. my hope is to sand down these shells, re-wrap & re-assemble for a small bop/practice kit. should I also sand the inside? thanks in advance for your input....IMG-1270.jpg

Vandalay

Thank you for all your help, it appears after further investigation, and looking at the included hardware, this is a mid 70's Pearl kit, most likely wrapped in black. I've seen other kits from that era and it appears the inner shells were painted, some white, some black. would doing a wrap in a different color other than black be "wrong?"

drumnut87

Thank you for all your help, it appears after further investigation, and looking at the included hardware, this is a mid 70's Pearl kit, most likely wrapped in black. I've seen other kits from that era and it appears the inner shells were painted, some white, some black. would doing a wrap in a different color other than black be "wrong?"
nope, can wrap them however you want to, if you get them, they're yours to do whatever you want with :)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

...and someone obviously did not think that wrapping it in carpet was wrong....

Timmy

I had that exact mount on my Pearl circa 1974ish. Inside was sprayed with a fiberglass. Things were heavy as hell and smelled funny too. lol

Yes, what should be "wrong" afterwards? It's not a highly collectible set, so do whatever you feel like!
When sanding down the shells, please wear a mask and gloves in case it is a Fiberglass set.