Not that it's a competition or anything....

toddmc

Gold Member
So I've noticed another little feature with the new forum format: Reaction scores (apologies if this has been discussed somewhere before but I couldn't see it).

My question is- how is this calculated? Is it the quantity of posts/ threads submitted, number of "likes" per post or just how many people interacted with anything posted by individual members??

Not that I care- it's like.....whatever**

**Obviously I care a great deal and will do anything to increase my reaction score. So Grunt- what's it gonna take buddy? $50, $100, new set of Guru's??

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..number of "likes" per post..

That would be my assumption, but i am also not sure..

I am also ofcourse not caring at all (😄), but the feature brought me for some unclear reason in one of those "notable members" lists (at least for today 😄), which for sure never ever would have happened without the feature..

Meaning, i will be eternally grateful for the existence of this..

😄

toddmc

Gold Member
That would be my assumption, but i am also not sure..

I am also ofcourse not caring at all (😄), but the feature brought me for some unclear reason in one of those "notable members" lists (at least for today 😄), which for sure never ever would have happened without the feature..

Meaning, i will be eternally grateful for the existence of this..

😄
I thought maybe number of posts, elapsed time as a member (Gold, silver, whatever) comes into it?

By starting this thread I've managed to increase my score by a whole 1 point so I'm on my way (thanks to Mongrel's constant angry reactions to everything I post)!! 😅

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
we had hard work to install the new software - and making sure nothing got lost till back in the beginnings. So we are ourselves not aware of all features - no idea. If you find something out, please let us know. thanks a lot
Bernhard

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
There is a secret algorithm. No one will ever know how it Is calculated. Like Google. What if you get dinged points for deleted comments or threads-heck I could go into the negative.

toddmc

Gold Member
we had hard work to install the new software - and making sure nothing got lost till back in the beginnings. So we are ourselves not aware of all features - no idea. If you find something out, please let us know. thanks a lot
Bernhard
Like the name implies it seems to be solely interaction based so even if I start a thousand threads or make a thousand comments, my reaction score doesn't go up unless other members "like" or reply to those threads or comments.
I realise this was probably the last thing you wanted to introduce into DW (hell, even Instagram has disabled likes being viewed in Canada and Australia in an effort to quash the "instagram influencer") but like you said, it just came with the software.

I have an online source where I can buy reaction score points and the source will remain a secret. sorry.
$200 then? Final offer ;)

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Why don't we all just make it a habit to give each other the finger (thumbs up) for all our posts-we all benefit. Or we can pay forum members to thumbs up your posts-I'm pretty sure some old banned member from past would resort to that LOL. Not mentioning any names.