Not sure what's going on with a used roland td10 I just got

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwildman

So I swapped my kit for a Roland TD 10 and I'm having some trouble setting it up. The only prior experience I have with electronic drum was playing around on the presets of a Yamaha DTX 500, so I don't/didn't really know much.

I've got the kit set up and cables plugged in, and the toms, snare, and hihat sound fine. Crash 2, the ride, and a splash I have plugged into aux 2 however, sound off. My crashes are cy-12r/c, the ride is a cy-15r, and the splash is a cy5.

The problems are that crash 2 has two zones, which I get cus its a crash ride. But they're totally different sounds, and half the time it'll start some prerecored music. The ride I have both the output plugged in. When I play on the bow it gives me a very choppy ride sound, like it its being muted, and it sounds the bass as well. The bell only makes it louder but doesn't sound like a bell, and the edge sometimes works. The splash again has two zones, but they sound totally different, like a stack and a splash. For reference, crash one is pretty fine.

I looked in rolands owners menu here https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TD-10_OM.pdf
at the quick start menu, and it didn't fix anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.