Norwegian Military Band and Michael Jackson

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
This is the way I like to hear snare drums and not the DCI countertop sound.

Those are the smallest rope tension drums I've ever seen! Those look like 14x14" drums. The standard for US colonial-style drums is 16x16" or even 17x17".

I grew up near Colonial Williamsburg so I'm no stranger to Fife and Drum corps. At age 10 I joined the Yorktown Fife and Drum corps and it was a great introduction to drum rudiments and traditional grip.

I got to see The Old Guard in 1988 at the Hampton Coliseum and from then on I knew I wanted to be a drummer.

These drums are thunderous. The sound carries much further than modern Kevlar drums.

Those are the smallest rope tension drums I've ever seen! Those look like 14x14" drums. The standard for US colonial-style drums is 16x16" or even 17x17".

I grew up near Colonial Williamsburg so I'm no stranger to Fife and Drum corps. At age 10 I joined the Yorktown Fife and Drum corps and it was a great introduction to drum rudiments and traditional grip.

I got to see The Old Guard in 1988 at the Hampton Coliseum and from then on I knew I wanted to be a drummer.

These drums are thunderous. The sound carries much further than modern Kevlar drums.

I wonder if they ever perform ancient style, instead of this modern DCI-looking stuff

Back