Noble & Cooley

I've got an N&C piccolo snare that I've used on a lot of sessions the last couple years. Super thick 3mm steel shell. Sounds great with the right heads. The snare's not "technically" mine, a producer friend lent it to me for a session a year and a half ago, and whenever I try to return it he's always like "eh, I don't need it right now." hahaha. Soooo It's now been featured on 3 or 4 records I've done.

Nob
I've got an N&C piccolo snare that I've used on a lot of sessions the last couple years. Super thick 3mm steel shell. Sounds great with the right heads. The snare's not "technically" mine, a producer friend lent it to me for a session a year and a half ago, and whenever I try to return it he's always like "eh, I don't need it right now." hahaha. Soooo It's now been featured on 3 or 4 records I've done.

Noble and Cooley do not make a steel shell snare . They do make an Alloy Classic (3mm sand cast aluminum shell) but it comes in 4.75” and 6” sizes . They did make a 13 x 6” model as an anniversary model . Could the snare you are talking about be one of these ? Could you post a picture of this snare ? I would be really curious to see it .

Similar to the sound a shovel makes when digging up 10 year old threads. ?

I've mentioned this very thing in a few threads & how to go about preventing it.
No one took me seriously.

Yet people go back 1200+ posts, dig up something from 2007 & this is the usual comment.
So when will the Mods delete posts more than 3 years old so we don't have to keep doing this again & again?

So when will the Mods delete posts more than 3 years old so we don't have to keep doing this again & again?
NEVAH! "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

I've mentioned this very thing in a few threads & how to go about preventing it.
No one took me seriously.
And what about when 3 threads all the same pop up in the same week? I'm convinced there are 3-4 members who are the same person asking the same question fishing for a different response.

Thread derailed in 1..2..3...

It's never a derail, this is the Drummerworld Official Tangent Forum.

Sure seems that way.
When solutions are presented, they're ignored over further comments about bringing old posts to life.
Seems it'll never end.

Sure seems that way.
When solutions are presented, they're ignored over further comments about bringing old posts to life.
Seems it'll never end.
Oh 100%. When someone starts a thread about cymbals and 6 pages in the discussion is about home improvement or what drums Art Blakey played on stage in 1963, you know you're at Drummerworld.

Oh 100%. When someone starts a thread about cymbals and 6 pages in the discussion is about home improvement or what drums Art Blakey played on stage in 1963, you know you're at Drummerworld.

:LOL: :LOL:

To be fair, drumming touches on a LOT of areas that other instruments don’t all include simultaneously. But yeah

Perhaps it's the ADD nature of us drummer's? Yet one more topic for another another thread.

Check these out...

Last edited:
Nob

Noble and Cooley do not make a steel shell snare . They do make an Alloy Classic (3mm sand cast aluminum shell) but it comes in 4.75” and 6” sizes . They did make a 13 x 6” model as an anniversary model . Could the snare you are talking about be one of these ? Could you post a picture of this snare ? I would be really curious to see it .

Ah, okay. The shell is black powder coat, so I couldn't tell what it was. I assumed it was Steel because I knew it wasn't brass, and steel is more common in cast shells than aluminum. The one I have is the 4.75 depth. Black shell, black hardware.

I have the exact same drum. It is aluminum alloy
What does N&C mix with the Aluminum? Is it a tonal choice to deviate from pure aluminum to an aluminum based alloy? I am highly curious.

What does N&C mix with the Aluminum? Is it a tonal choice to deviate from pure aluminum to an aluminum based alloy? I am highly curious.

There are all sorts of aluminum based alloys . I worked in a foundry as a Production Planner and we did cast aluminum , brass ,bronze etc . You would be surprised at how many different alloys there are for various base metals .

There are all sorts of aluminum based alloys . I worked in a foundry as a Production Planner and we did cast aluminum , brass ,bronze etc . You would be surprised at how many different alloys there are for various base metals .
Right. I am still curious as to what they mixed and if it's a tonal choice or a cost choice.
I machine parts out of billet all the time and I am aware of the expense of pure Al, thus my question.

Right. I am still curious as to what they mixed and if it's a tonal choice or a cost choice.
I machine parts out of billet all the time and I am aware of the expense of pure Al, thus my question.

You can email Nick Jones at N&C , I am sure he will respond

You can email Nick Jones at N&C , I am sure he will respond
I filled out their contact form, I'll see what comes. Thanks!

Back