No more Paypal (fees) on ebay.

EssKayKay

It says - It’s now simpler to get paid on eBay --> Really?
It's probably just me but I like PayPal. . . .

Old PIT Guy

I was force marched onto the 'managed sales' program a few months ago. There is convenience if you're tracking sales and so on. And definitely for tax purposes since they basically do all of that work for you except subtract what you paid and personal expenses (if you buy the shipping label from them). On the negative side, for drum gear, I haven't noticed any marked fee reduction from when PP handled it. I believe you pay only 5% on guitar gear sales though.

bongoman

To be clear, the overall fees haven’t gone down in most cases, they are just going to Ebay instead of PayPal. Inevitable since Ebay was forced to separate from PayPal a few years ago.

wraub

Anything I can do to avoid using paypal, I'm for.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
It's going to be similar to new Reverb payment system, which is not as seller-friendly as just receiving your money via PayPal. I really don't like the Reverb new system, and I don't think I'll like new eBay, either.

bongoman

Maybe it’s because I’m a “preferred seller”, but Reverb’s payments have been fast and simple for me.

drumnut87

had to provide my bank account to sell on ebay on my end, and a few people i've bought from have messaged me saying they have to wait a day for the funds to clear in their bank before they can post the item. so whether its a good idea or not is yet to be seen.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Maybe it’s because I’m a “preferred seller”, but Reverb’s payments have been fast and simple for me.
Now, on Reverb, the item you sell must be verified as received by seller before Reverb pays you. On small items you have to spend more money to get tracking to allow this. Used to be I could mail small items first class. Now I have to pay extra for tracking. And on a large item I can't use proceeds from sale to fund the shipping because I don't get paid for up to a week or 2 weeks. Nothing fast and simple about new system.

One of reasons for Reverb eliminating PayPal is now Reverb gets the float and now makes additional money on every purchase. They keep your money for a week or two weeks or even heck 2 days and they make money from interest on it. That's how banks make money on your "free" checking account. So now Reverb makes money on their fees plus they make money on the float. The seller is the loser because seller doesn't have access immediately to proceeds of sales like they did when they could use PayPal.

bongoman

Again maybe it’s the “preferred seller” thing, but they pay me immediately after I buy the postage.