No More Drums

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Sounds about right. When I lived with my dad, I was not allowed to play when anyone was home. I was not allowed to take them to my friends house (who played bass and lived in the same neighborhood), and no one was allowed to come over and jam with me.

Eventually I moved in with my mom. I was not allowed to take my drums. They were then subsequently given to my sister, who my dad got lessons for and supported 100%.

felonious69

When I bought my first guitar at 14 ('78), I worked all summer for it...$2.65 an hour I believe it was. i spent ALL my money on it (Well, I smoked a lot of pot back then too).
Although my dad HATED my music preference, he did buy me an Ampeg 60 watt, UGLY AS HELL amp with tubes stickin' out on top.
That thing HONKED! He probably got it cheap cuz he fixed TVs and such for a living.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Sounds about right. When I lived with my dad, I was not allowed to play when anyone was home. I was not allowed to take them to my friends house (who played bass and lived in the same neighborhood), and no one was allowed to come over and jam with me.

Eventually I moved in with my mom. I was not allowed to take my drums. They were then subsequently given to my sister, who my dad got lessons for and supported 100%.
This sucks, man! Sorry it went down like that.
But you can do what you want now and be 10x what those around you are.

Otto

Platinum Member

I'm inspired that, through all of that, you are here with us!

Respect!

Rock Salad

My folks were ok with guitars and bass, but not with drums, so those were what I came up on. Finally a couple of years ago, when chunks of time like five or ten years became not "forever" in my mind, I decided that there's (hopefully,) enough time to practice and learn drum set. So I am, and it's wonderful

SomeBadDrummer

This explains a lot :ROFLMAO:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

my dad was a drummer, and my first teacher, so drums were MANDATORY in our house...

my sophomore year of high school, our band got kicked out of our drummers house due to his parents divorcing, and the parlor of my house became the official practice place for 3 years; it was home base for most of our lives those years. Friends would come over and hang. We would all stay over night. We tried to teach dad to play "Shout At The Devil" (Motley Crüe)...that is still a great memory for us all: dad trying to play a swing beat to that song. Our drummer - my best freind - ended up living with us his whole junior year b/c things got so bad at home

Satruday practice became an "event" in the neighborhood, with my parents friends bringing chairs and coolers and sitting in the front yeard and listening...it was a very cool situation

dad even put an extra cross beam, and pylon in the basement of the 100 year old house to support the weighht of the drum set and gear...

we were pretty freaking lucky back then...