Newbie on here - hello all

Big Turkish

Good evening all. Brand new on here so a big hello to everyone.

First time on a drum forum for goodness knows how long. I used to be a member of the Mike Dolbear forum (anyone remember that???) which was very popular back in the day and had a great following then suddenly died. Perhaps Mike had enough of trying to moderate and run it, who knows.
I was going to sign up for the Pearl Drummers forum but just found out that's also disappeared. Looks like this is the last man standing in the world of Drum Forums. Seems to be going the same way as drum shops!

Hopefully this will be a good place to chat with newly found brothers and sisters in drums.

Cheers

Hi mate, welcome!
I too used to frequent the same forum, mostly as a lurker but with an occasional post. Some great old characters on there- Captain Bubble, for example??:D ~Shame it faded away.

This is a great forum, knowledgeable people, good advice, & SOME of the people even speak the same language as we Brits!!! (Only joking folks;))

Looking forward to lots of banter!(y)🥁🎶

Welcome! This is usually a very good forum. Peace and goodwill.

P.S.- be careful of a dude called Al Strange; you'll NEVER get to see a pic of his fabled double-kick kit. Probably...;)
Welcome aboard! 😊

Hey @Al Strange, you better jump over here. Somebody needs to be introduced to your Pearls. 😅
You guys!:ROFLMAO::oops:

Welcome fellow Pearl aficionado @Big Turkish ! Just for you, here’s a pic of my lesser spotted Export set up…pst, don’t share this pic, I like to keep a low profile…:sneaky:(y):D
IMG_0329.jpeg

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

First time on a drum forum for goodness knows how long. I used to be a member of the Mike Dolbear forum (anyone remember that???) which was very popular back in the day and had a great following then suddenly died. Perhaps Mike had enough of trying to moderate and run it, who knows.
I was going to sign up for the Pearl Drummers forum but just found out that's also disappeared. Looks like this is the last man standing in the world of Drum Forums. Seems to be going the same way as drum shops!

Hopefully this will be a good place to chat with newly found brothers and sisters in drums.

Cheers

Welcome to DW. This is a fun fourm and the people are nice and helpful also.

yo yo! welcome in! :D

i used to be a member of mike dolbear as well, and pearls, also used to be on onlinedrummer forums constantly before that went down the drain as well.

come in, grab a beverage, and relax :)

Cheers
Same thing happened to Drumset.com
Welcome aboard. 🖐️

Back