New Zildjian "I" series.

Excellent! I totally needed a new line of cheap cymbals to mock. Can’t wait to actually try one.

Now, if they were smart, Zildjian sent spies to Paiste so they could figure out how to make B8 cymbals that didn’t sound like trash can lids.

Pete

Honestly, those aren't bad.

I think Zildjian was smart for trying to get away from the ZBT name, since they are synonymous with terrible cymbals.
I think what you really mean is that the video, however they sound engineered it, sounds fine. The cymbals? Who knows.

I think what you really mean is that the video, however they sound engineered it, sounds fine. The cymbals? Who knows.

Here I was, thinking it was just a ZBT with a rebranding... Like when the ZHT became the S series or whatever they call it now.

I think ZBT's are extremely useful. You can put out a set when kids come over. You can use them when you break your real cymbals and haven't made it to the store yet. Etc.

They're not horrible, they're just not any good.

Here I was, thinking it was just a ZBT with a rebranding... Like when the ZHT became the S series or whatever they call it now.

I think ZBT's are extremely useful. You can put out a set when kids come over. You can use them when you break your real cymbals and haven't made it to the store yet. Etc.

They're not horrible, they're just not any good.

That a fair statement. The kit in the main sanctuary has a set on them that predates me and my purchasing influence. They are just horrid. Still, better the Boy Scouts bang on them than mine.

Pete

I played them at NAMM, they're not bad. Definitely a little better than the ZBTs I had as a teenager. It's not a pro cymbal but it's not meant to be one.

The newbie market is a big money and ink sells more than sound for a lot of beginners. Unless you've been very lucky......we've all been there and learned the hard way!

Excellent! I totally needed a new line of cheap cymbals to mock. Can’t wait to actually try one.

Now, if they were smart, Zildjian sent spies to Paiste so they could figure out how to make B8 cymbals that didn’t sound like trash can lids.

Pete
lol they sound better than ZBTs, but they´re still trash can lids

they sound alright but I see them as an excuse to not let you annoying cousins break your real cymbals, ask me how i know

They sound pretty good to me in that recording. They might be good for rock and country.

I actually like these cymbals a lot and love how they have bigger cymbal sizes and efx cymbals. I wouldn't personally use them, but they'll be a great gift to a beginner drummer for sure(which is the intended purpose, I know)!

Back