New Zildjian i Series

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
B8 alloy.

The overall look reminds me of the ZHT hammering/lathing, just on B8 alloy instead of B12 like they used for ZHT.

These seem to be aimed at competing with the Paiste PST7/PSTX lines to me.

wildbill

Platinum Member
"...Replacing the discontinued ZBT series, I Family features modern weights, modern profiles, and fresh FX sounds. ..."

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
"...Replacing the discontinued ZBT series...
I missed that. I can't blame Zildjian for wanting to move away from the ZBT name... I think the stink of just how bad the original ZBT cymbals were has plagued them, and all of the other similarly named series for a long time. In looks and sounds these new cymbals seem to be a step up from what they are replacing. They're not for me, but I'm glad to see Zildjian trying harder to make entry-level cymbals that don't sound like complete garbage.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Why, why, why??? so an upgrade from Planet Z but not as good as S series. I for "intermediate". You can buy better handmade Turkish in that price range-now I love the higher end Zildjians.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
It's perfect marketing. Put an "i" in front of anything and it must be good right? Today's kids will eat it up. Honda did it with the iVTEC. There is a company that makes home and personal stuff called iGo. I have their toothbrush case. It's the best! Lolololol...

so an upgrade from Planet Z...
In some cases I would rather have nickel-silver than B8. Not all, but some.

It's perfect marketing. Put an "i" in front of anything and it must be good right? Today's kids will eat it up. Honda did it with the iVTEC. There is a company that makes home and personal stuff called iGo. I have their toothbrush case. It's the best! Lolololol...

In some cases I would rather have nickel-silver than B8. Not all, but some.
The I isn't in front of anything, it's not iZildjian. It's Zildjian I Series, and the next level up is the S Series.

Interesting that they're releasing all this now instead of waiting for NAMM. Historically they've waited.