New Zildjian Cymbal Pack

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Hey Fellow DW Gearheads,

Just got my new Zidjian Cymbal Pack off some dude on Craigslist yesterday. They are really new and interesting cymbals from Zildjian.
The seller said it's the new "Trendsetter Starter Set"

First picture is of the New 8" Whisper Ride. It is everything the seller claimed it would be. No definition, a quiet bell, super light wash. You can barely hear the thing. Awesome!
picture.php

The Hats are the new 24" Bashmasters. They are marketed for "the opposite of funky music" whatever that is. The chick sound is like the sound of a car door closing.
picture.php

Finally the crashes. These are the new InvertoCrashes. They are made to be played and struck on the bottoms. It took me a little while to figure out how to mount these best, but after I got them up pretty high, they sound great. Thank God, I have good technique.
picture.php

They all have a pre-aged finish the seller said so they will play right out of the box like older cymbals.

$1,000 for the whole set. Pretty good deal, huh?

;-)

hahahah nice deal! Those 8 inch rides are rare from what the comic book store guy tells me.

LOL! Sweet deal, man! Who says boxed cymbal packs ain't where it's at?

Thats hilarious! 24" Hats are gonna be the new trend, I prefer the sound edge model though.
Been looking for years for a nice 8" Turk Jazz Ride, they are very rare and expensive for good reason. Last time I saw one it was actually 8.5" and weighed 2700 grams, it had a breathy layered wash and an integrated bell, lots of wobble. It has crashability which is good because I only crash my ride for pop-core music.
I also need some of these inverto crashes, hopefully Paiste makes a Novo model in 32" size. Yeah yeah I know 32" are just splashes these days but I enjoy small punchy cymbals.
I want all of my cymbals to be over 24" except the 8" ride because thats the best size for a ride IMO. I have been getting tons of compliments on my new throne which is a large stack of Sweet Rides. I use those because I like to crash my throne, and the audience goes crazy!

I have been getting tons of compliments on my new throne which is a large stack of Sweet Rides. I use those because I like to crash my throne, and the audience goes crazy!

Brilliant. I have to get a crashable throne RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:
8" Whisper Ride. It is everything the seller claimed it would be. No definition, a quiet bell, super light wash. You can barely hear the thing. Awesome!

Oh my...I'm dying from laughter over here............

$1,000 for the whole set. Pretty good deal, huh?

;-)

I heard these go for well over $2000 new. For most people, it's a tough decision between these and the full set of Sabian Paragons. Paragons have too much of that "new sounding cymbal" sound for my tastes, though.

Splendid deal.. thats why I loves me some Craigslist. If that trendsetter pack came in a brilliant finish, I'd be all o'er dat!

I have looked on Ebay and Craigslist for months and the best I can do is a 10 inch ride You are one lucky guy.

Back