New Yammy

electrodrummer

The module includes a download for Cubase AI. I think that is pretty neat for anyone that doesn't already have software.

Pads are tiny, why yamaha ?

'cause anything bigger than 10cm is just a waste.

But - If you want bigger pads, buy Yamaha's bigger pads. Or make/use others.

drum centre hits.jpg

Looks nice. Torn between this and the Roland TD-07KV at the $999 price point. Any recommendations?

Yamaha, obs. No evil cable snake and 3-zone snarey action and sound layering and(etc)

I was super stoked for these but, like others, I am really put off by the size of the drums. The snare is especially disappointing. Is there a larger, economical, 3 zone alternative to hook up to the module?

I was super stoked for these but, like others, I am really put off by the size of the drums. The snare is especially disappointing. Is there a larger, economical, 3 zone alternative to hook up to the module?

You don't need "bigger"

How big do you want?

Because there’s the 7 series and up. One thing I’ll say about the small pads, you get to learn to be far more accurate. the basic part, real drums seem a mile away!

The centres (ie. the 10cm diameter you actually hit) of [cough] "real" drums are the same spacing....

I find with a small snare pad it is difficult for me to do a simultaneous rim/snare hit (not cross stick rim shot). I get your point to a certain extent, but a bit larger would work better for me.

I find with a small snare pad it is difficult for me to do a simultaneous rim/snare hit (not cross stick rim shot). I get your point to a certain extent, but a bit larger would work better for me.

SO, 12" do? Yammy does those.

Yeah yeah yeah... i need a new needz DTXtreme

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Yes, which is why I wrote "Is there a larger, economical, 3 zone alternative to hook up to the module?" If there is a specific pad you would recommend please let me know.

Thanks
TG

TP120SD for rubber (best rubber pad made by anyone, ever!)
XP120SD for silicone

'cause anything bigger than 10cm is just a waste.

But - If you want bigger pads, buy Yamaha's bigger pads. Or make/use others.

View attachment 98044
it's 2020 and e drum companies are still putting it up our pipe by overpricing 7" pads on NEW e kits. I am really disappointed by Yamaha, there is not a single new pad in the new series apart from the kick which is pretty much the KP100. Give us real sized pads, there is nothing bad about it. Only good. And no, 7" is not enough, not because I have terrible accuracy (I had a TD11 with 6" toms), because 10" is the MINIMUM. You're not going to have fun with tiny pads.

it's 2020 and e drum companies are still putting it up our pipe by overpricing 7" pads on NEW e kits. I am really disappointed by Yamaha, there is not a single new pad in the new series apart from the kick which is pretty much the KP100. Give us real sized pads, there is nothing bad about it. Only good. And no, 7" is not enough, not because I have terrible accuracy (I had a TD11 with 6" toms), because 10" is the MINIMUM. You're not going to have fun with tiny pads.

a. there's a new XP125SD pad in production.

b. the KP90 is a tad different than the KP100 - the 90 has internal physical layers which make the overall feel different the more you hit. Clever stuff.

c. edrums are "real"

d. [joking] got you this for Xmas ;)
iu

Back