New Yamaha pedals 2019

johnjssmith

I saw it just this morning, it does look pretty funny :p
The cam sliding mechanism is smart!
I wonder how the whole thing will feel, but I'm a bit turned off by this long footboard fashion that seems to be all the rage in the last few years.
I'll be sure to find one to try as soon as they land in Italy!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
For connoiseurs of this forum there are obviously new pedals created all the time, but it seems this years is when all the big drum names are jumping on the wagon and adding the modern high end features.

I'm quite happy with what I got, so I really have no interest at all, but you know, they have to stay on top and cater to the market to keep their share.

They're clearly approaching similar prices for their offerings as well.

yammyfan

Looks nice. Never used a Yamaha pedal that I didn't like.

I wonder how the new direct drive model compares to the Flying Dragon, feature-wise? The Dragon is my all-time favourite kick pedal.

sumdrumguy

Looks nice. Never used a Yamaha pedal that I didn't like.

I wonder how the new direct drive model compares to the Flying Dragon, feature-wise? The Dragon is my all-time favourite kick pedal.
I've got double-chain and direct drive Flying Dragons. Looked at other offerings over the years, but none have had anything distinct enough to compel me to switch.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Looks like Yammie is doing a hardware refresh.

I just picked up a new HS850 hi hat stand for $89 bucks at GC the other day on closeout.

Makes me wonder if the older model pedals are going to go in the same direction.

D

drumming sort of person

Makes me wonder if the older model pedals are going to go in the same direction.
The new pedal is going to be their new top-of-the-line, but the others are all going to stay in the catalog.

New hi-hat stand to match the new bass drum pedals will be out at some point too.

wildbill

Platinum Member
The new pedal is going to be their new top-of-the-line, but the others are all going to stay in the catalog.....

I really hope this is true. I'm very happy with my current fp9500d's.

The new ones are FP9's, and the older ones are still on the site with different names, so it seems like the older ones should be around for a while.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Street price at all the stores I've seen is $329.99 for the single and $649.99 for the double.
Pretty high, but not as goofy as the prices on Yamaha's site.

2bsticks

Platinum Member
I love Yamaha stuff but that's a bit too $$$$ for me. I'll stick with my Pearl Redline Eliminator thank you.

I always like Yamaha stuff for their high quality with no frills just good functionality and simple at a first look it seems over complicated for Yamaha and to much to go wrong potentially. Then again knowing Yamaha hardware it will hold up like no other only with Yamaha would i trust smooth boom arms!!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Five years ago I bought my Taye Steel Works pedal that will adjust in 800 positions, well almost, and it cost $180. $580 for a single pedal is crazy.

Yeah i have a older pearl eliminator that I now leave on my electric kit for practice far to much going on with it the foot board tightner comes loose while playing the butt of the foot plate so you can adjust the angle comes loose came with a selection of cams for behind the chain and to be honest I could not be bothered spending forever and a day at it just give me a pedal to play life's too short. I gig a sonor giant step it's big and robust simple and solid the only thing that can be adjusted is the spring.