New Yamaha light hardware

toonamike

It was introduced last summer. I was able to check them out at Dale's Drum Shop in Harrisburg, PA.

It is very light; it's strange to pick one up.

It looks very similar -- but less beefy -- to Randal May's Stadium hardware that marching bands use.

The finish is very matte, which some may like.

Garvin

Pioneer Member
My buddy got a set. It's pretty amazing. Not sure how durable it actually is, but as I close in on 40 years old and still have a couple gigs that require me to load in up stairs, I'm giving these a good hard look.

Mustion

I'm all for lightening the load, especially for those gigs where you're climbing stairs and weaving through a catering kitchen. But as superficial as it is, these stands' necessary resemblance to PA speaker or camera stands is super jarring...

fess

I have a set. Seems well made. Hi-hat works fine and no problem hanging a tom from a cymbal stand. (light tom)

Mongrel

Silver Member
I'm all for lightening the load, especially for those gigs where you're climbing stairs and weaving through a catering kitchen. But as superficial as it is, these stands' necessary resemblance to PA speaker or camera stands is super jarring...
Agree with the visual impact....

Just plain ugly in my (obviously subjective) opinion.

But if that's what it takes to lighten the load then....