New video by Swiss Matthias *happy!!*

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Unapologetically a drummer's piece, & and absolutely magnificent for it! Honestly, there isn't anything I dislike about this, & there's a lot of stuff to like.

Recording / mix is great. Even with an overtly electronic backdrop, good realism in the drum capture really draws me further into the piece. Loving the time play on bass drum placement / phrasing reinforced by the bass lines. Add some wonderful texture choices on the top end of the kit, & this becomes a drum video that's satisfying, intriguing, & somehow organically wholesome.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Unapologetically a drummer's piece, & and absolutely magnificent for it! Honestly, there isn't anything I dislike about this, & there's a lot of stuff to like.

Recording / mix is great. Even with an overtly electronic backdrop, good realism in the drum capture really draws me further into the piece. Loving the time play on bass drum placement / phrasing reinforced by the bass lines. Add some wonderful texture choices on the top end of the kit, & this becomes a drum video that's satisfying, intriguing, & somehow organically wholesome.
Thanks Andy for taking your time and giving me a feedback this detailed! I'm very happy and also humbled about the way you see and describe it, actually! Thanks again!

CYP said:
Dig it dude! As I said in the comments, definitely hear the Guiliana influence on that syncopated BD/bass riff. The video is beautiful too... all around sweet!
Thanks! Haha you must be right! Some of the basic ideas of this piece I had quite some time ago, definitely before Mark had his book out and his online presence got bigger.
But I guess when I first saw a Vic Firth video with him playing Locked in a basement (really must be 2-3 years ago) that idea stuck with me and slipped into my composition :).

T_Weaves said:
Very cool Swiss! Nice kit too !
Thanks man! Yes I'm very happy with the kit!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
That's sweet Swiss the kit and cymbals sound fantastic-love your playing and very nice kick work. Just love how laid back "it seems" but really intricate and the interplay of kick and bass and that second hi hat or whatever is making the sweet swish from under your ride-very insidious my friend (I'm stealing that). It really makes the electronica song more interesting.