New Trick drums '360 Mount'

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
It's not described as an isolation mount, and doesn't appear to offer isolation. It says it "prevents unwanted movement or vibrations", kind of the opposite of an isolation mount which promotes movement and vibration.

It looks like a solid mount though, Trick always does things right. But I view it as just another thing to mess with when changing heads.

Bermuda

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
It may be just me, but it looks like a solution for a problem that doesn't exist (at least, I don't have a problem).

Mongrel

Silver Member
It may be just me, but it looks like a solution for a problem that doesn't exist (at least, I don't have a problem).
Lol...you just read my mind, I was about to type this:

One of my favorite authors is Col. Jeff Cooper. He is attributed with the phrase "an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem..."

First thing that popped into my mind when I saw that mount...

Lol

I would drill the shell and install a conventional mount before I would use one. But for someone who wants to keep the shell clean? May be just what they need.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Just bought one for a 6-lug Jenkins-Martin 16” concert tom that’s being delivered tomorrow. I’m going to have to drill 4 lug holes in it since they don’t make a 6-lug one for a 16” drum. I was literally about to open the box with this mount in it when I saw this thread. I just didn’t feel good about having such a huge, heavy drum (it’s 22” deep) hanging off a mount that didn’t go all the way around. I’m using Purecussion rims for the 10” and 13”. I actually need some adapters for the rail I bought to fit these tom mounts.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
It's not described as an isolation mount, and doesn't appear to offer isolation. It says it "prevents unwanted movement or vibrations", kind of the opposite of an isolation mount which promotes movement and vibration.

It looks like a solid mount though, Trick always does things right. But I view it as just another thing to mess with when changing heads.

Bermuda
Agreed Jon. Looks well made though, & for those seeking to ground their drums, it's a viable option.