New to me Ludwigs

The Natural Maple/Thermogloss is my fav. Luddie finish. Very cool additions.

Did you ever get legs for the 16"?

Still no legs for the second floor. But I got to take the kit out for it's first gig with me on Thursday :D

When the guitarist and I saw these plywood boxes in the gym behind the "stage" area, we just looked at each other and exclaimed "drum riser!". You should have seen the look on the keyboard guy's face when he showed up, and we told him there were not enough of them left for him to get an ego ramp 😄

More pics

Who says you need a big car to haul drums? The kit, and rug went into the back of my 2002 Citroën Saxo with room to spare.

Are you tall?..at one time I had that exact set up and I still think about it. I mention tall because I'm 5'9 and had to have my 14 stand mounted to reach it as I sit stupid low. My 14 just blew me away forever...worlds perfect drum 10x14. That is one moth--..f'n rock your ass off kit.

Are you tall?..at one time I had that exact set up and I still think about it. I mention tall because I'm 5'9 and had to have my 14 stand mounted to reach it as I sit stupid low. My 14 just blew me away forever...worlds perfect drum 10x14. That is one moth--..f'n rock your ass off kit.
I'm 5'10" on a good day (when my back isn't acting up). But I sit high-ish, and I prefer raising my hands to play the rack tom over leaning forward to reach it.

Invisible upgrade: The stupid PS4 tom batters that I haven't replaced yet (because I'm cheap, and lazy) are now perfectly good Emperors :D

I spent this afternoon tuning, and tweaking my setup a bit

Vintage A goodness all 'round. And a new to me double pedal (now I can play teh metuhls ;) )

Back