New to forum

Mike mackin

Hi all

Mike here for uk (northeast). I have been playing for 30 years and lucky enough to have been gigging throughout this time. Pic of kit attached. Is a DW Birch collectors in Ruby Broken Glass finish. Sizes are 20" BD, 10, 14 and 16" toms. I use Sabian HHX stage crashes and hats. Love their sound and response.

I also use electronics with the new Roland TM6 pro to trigger samples etc.

Love playing and learning new ideas so looking forward to sharing ideas.

Mike

Attachments

• Kit.JPG
    Kit.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 388
Nice looking rig. Welcome to Drummerworld.​

Welcome!

I have to agree with the others, this is a very pretty kit.

This is from the other side. What do You all think? Interested 8n your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Mike

Attachments

• B6D572A0-419C-46E5-8AE6-103EBD65C7BD.jpeg
    B6D572A0-419C-46E5-8AE6-103EBD65C7BD.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 326
I dig the kit a lot! I've been researching DW and PDP a lot lately. The site is awesome. I've been here for a few months now.

Welcome, thanks for sharing pics. If every drum every where was red sparkle, I just wouldn't be upset at all ;)

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. Your kit is a beaut.

I like the broken glass finishes much more than the sparkle finishes. Welcome.

Hey Mike!
Welcome from a bit lower down the UK.

This place is great - you'll like it here!

Cheers keef. Are u gigging often. What set up do u use?

I do 60-70 gigs a year, currently playing Tama B/B,1 up 2 down, with Sabian HH's.
Also use electronics - Roland spds-x with KD7 and BT-1 external triggers.
I'm an ex DW collectors owner too so you and I appear to have similar tastes mate!

Yep. Similar. Love the sabians Play hhx stage crashes. 16 and 18 crash. 21 huh dry ride. Stage hats. And 14 aa crash. All work well. Electronics I use are the tm6 pro with triggers on snare and bd play two pd8,s. Gigging is busy about two a week. All good fun. Used to play Tama and then switched to Yamaha before the dw”s. All great kits. If I could I would spend way too much collecting gear.

Back