New to drumming and these forums

zcpunkrock

I have learned to play the guitar and i just am getting the feeling that it is not for me also i am looking to be in a band and there are no drummers where i live, so i have been looking into drumming recently and have decided to try it. I am basically asking what are good brands/or what drums should i get to get started/and what are the prices going to be to buy a set. Also to learn how to play them i would appreciate if you give online sites or ways you learned how to play the drums. if there is forum where i am supposed to put questions like this i'm sorry i'm pretty sure there isn't because i checked. if you could help me i would be very thankful.

crdirtRider856

Silver Member
Cool, another drummer. It all depends on what you re looking for. What type of music are you planning on playing, or what your budget is, If you read around, good drums and cymbals can make almost anything good. and bad drums can put a damper on your playing...

Heads are just the tip of the proverbial "Ice berg" They make all the difference and when tuned correctly, sound pefect.

Cymbals are a bit easier, as they are easy to find for most parents' That can be annoying, or perfect..-or your set afterall! What are you looking for exactly?

zcpunkrock

im going to be playing punk rock and metal mostly so what do u recomend for that? and my price range is a few hundreds

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Welcome zcpunkrock. It would probably be best to buy a used kit for your first set. You can buy a higher quality kit for less cash if its used. You can probably find a good used kit close to your home. How many drums are you thinking of starting out with. I would say that a four or five piece kit would be good to start with. Locate some kits that you are interested in and give us the info on them and we can help you more. It is best to take lessons. Learning will be much easier if you do. Your instructor will show you some books that he or she wants you to use.

crdirtRider856

Silver Member
Welcome zcpunkrock. It would probably be best to buy a used kit for your first set. You can buy a higher quality kit for less cash if its used. You can probably find a good used kit close to your home..
I agree, you can get a good used set with cymbals and hardware included for a couple hundred bucks. You d be surprised at what people are selling these days, with the economy and all....I d say start with a 5 piece, a ride, hat and a crash or 2. By 5 pc, I mean a snare, bass drum, 2 toms, and a floor tom. You really cant go wrong. See how you like it, remember to be patient, and just feel it out. Have you seen anything yet? Let us know...