New thread or resurrect the dead?

Some subjects are very common and eternal in their nature.

In that case, I don't see the problem.

Let's just wipe the archives clean and start over form here.

I'll go first: Is the Yamaha Stage Custom a good kit?

I'm going to hang out and see how long it takes to resurrect this thread!!!

Let's just wipe the archives clean and start over from here.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened. When you can access 40+ pages of old threads, I feel it's time for the Admins to wipe all but the last 10 out in every topic offered. The space saving alone would be epic!

When I first joined here, I read all the current stuff. To stay active, I'd bounce around the pages of archives to see other interesting topics from long ago.
If I posted a reply, it would bring that thread up to the front.

All I was doing was replying to what the OP asked as part of my $0.02. Seems ok to do so as no one has ever really addressed it.

If I didn't do this, the forum activity would slow to a crawl as the number of new threads isn't very frequent.

Wowzers! Why didn't you just copy your quote into a new thread?! Necropost much?

:p

(I really dont see a problem with either way)

I like reading old threads, even when I don't know they're old at first.

When I started reading/posting here, I had been out of the loop for so long
that almost everything was new to me.
I'd imagine that someone just starting out might feel the same.

I would say 6 or 8 months

That took a little more..lol

My opinion is that we are here on a forum and if a thread still has a 'post reply'-option, then i think that everyone is allowed to use that option..

And if that reply will be seen as stupid or not relevant is just something that has to be decided later by or the other members here or the mods..And if the mods have reasons for certain threads to not allow new replies anymore then they should close them, but untill that happens i think everyone should feel free to reply to any of them..

If you can offer a new perspective, or have a fresh question on that 5 year old thread, by all means drag it up again. If you're replying that the guy should indeed buy the kit he was asking about back in '07, then best leave it alone.

This is pretty much my feeling. I was "raised" to UTFSF! as often as possible and to hop back on old threads whenever it still seemed like a new answer or question was relevant to the OP or the discussion that stemmed from it.

Never really bothered me one way or the other though. I also don't care about how people use grammar as long as I understand what they're trying to express.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened. When you can access 40+ pages of old threads,......

When I first joined here, I read all the current stuff. To stay active, I'd bounce around the pages of archives to see other interesting topics from long ago.
If I posted a reply, it would bring that thread up to the front.

I for one, am glad the old pages exist. Since joining, (actually even before joining), I have read just about every page of "general discussion" & "Drums" threads, about halfway through "Cymbals" thread.
Quite thankful they are there as I learned quite a bit, without asking a single question. There were several I wanted to comment on, and then remembered they were from 2009 or something. Which also makes me think that theres been a lot of new stuff in the past 10 + years, so some of the questions of ole' , may have new answers now. (then again, a kid who asks "what kit he should buy" is probably not relevant anymore, as he probably bought his 1st kit 10 years ago..).

I forgot what the topic was again, so I'll stop here.

Thanks,

T.

Some of us can't look through old threads. I have a Note 5 and everytime I try to use the search option the window disappears as soon as I bring up my keyboard to type my search. I don't know if it's an Android thing or what.

Yes this happens, it appears to be an Android issue. Advanced search option works fine for me though.

Arise, Lazzurus!

Back