new tama kit

uniin

Gold Member
it's called a tama silverstar.

anyone heard anything about it? seen pictures? did some google-ing and it looks like a lower end superstar.

beatenstein

The Drummer from The Colorfield Theory an indie band out of PA tested one and said this kit is awesome. It's going to be a mid range kit with top line qualities and a killer sounding birch shell.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
The Drummer from The Colorfield Theory an indie band out of PA tested one and said this kit is awesome. It's going to be a mid range kit with top line qualities and a killer sounding birch shell.
If that's true and this isn't replacing the current Superstar line I'll be even more confused by Tama's current drum line up.

When I googled it, the results showed "Tama Silverstar Jazz Kit"
so this may be a jazz kit? Not to mention that the kit looks like it has jazz shells.

Chris

scarlit

Silver Member
"Shells on Tama’s new Silverstar drums are all birch, employ the company’s Accel-Driver formula, and are finished in a clear lacquer. The drums are outfitted with triple-flanged hoops, redesigned Star-Mount tom mounts, a slide-able tom holder, and a classic white-coated kick drumhead. Suggested retail price is $1,218.74 for a six-piece shell pack with a 22” x 18” kick, 10” x 8” and 12” x 9” toms, 14” x 12” and 16” x 14” floor toms, and 14” x 5” snare. In other words, you can expect to pay between $800–$1,000 for a whole lot of drums that have a whole lot of high-end features. Altogether, it sounds like a smoking deal. "

pilot19

On sale at various online retailers for between $499 and $699 (shells only).

These drums are replacing the Superstar drums except for the Hyperdrive line.

Check out Midwest Percussion.

By the way, real men only play with ONE bass drum. See John Bonham, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy (when he doesn't need to be seen), and many others.

jkevn

"Come on guys. Just because were musicians does not mean we are illiterate or uneducated."

Sorry, my degree, my musical inclination or my second language is not Portuguese....or Spanish. I am however, from GA, my first language isn't always recognized as English...

I apologize to all who received no benefit from the picture due to my incorrect description of the native tongue.

I DID say..."me no speaky..."

HokosPokos

Can we assume that the prices on regular superstar drums to drop much when the silverstar line has officially replaced the superstars and can be found in stores?