New Supraphonic (and a kit update too!)

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Hey everyone! After posting on Andy's 20,000 post thread I realized I've been lurking a heck of a lot more than I've been contributing! So to start things off, I thought I'd share some pictures of a Supra that I just picked up this afternoon!! It's the 6.5", and holy hell, does it have a crazy tuning range. The crack on this thing is just unreal.

I also recently (about 6 months ago maybe) acquired a used Sonor Benny Greb Signature. This one has a really nice depth to it's tone, and sounds far larger than a 13".

The kit I have set up, is my trusty ole Tama Warlord set up as a 4 piece with a 22 BD, 10 RT, 16 FT and cymbal-wise I'm running with my 14" Sand Hats, 20" Sand Ride, 22" Sand Crash Ride (possibly winning over my CoD as my favourite cymbal) with an 8" Max Splash on top, 20" Crash of Doom and a 20" Oriental China Trash on my left.

Now that I have a decent sized snare collection going, I thought I'd also add some pictures of the other snares I have which include: a 12x5" Sonor 125th Anniversary Gavin Harrison Snare, 13x5.75" Sonor Benny Greb Signature, 14x6" Tama Warlord Masai, 14x6.5" Ludwig Supraphonic, and my 14x6.5" C&C maple Snare.

-Jonathan

Attachments

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Hmmm... This section of the forum isn't as popular as it used to be!

How am I supposed to get my instant-internet-gratification through whoring out pictures of my gear?! ;)

-Jonathan

Red Menace

Platinum Member
I know, it does get a little disheartening. Some of the members that should know better just post pics of their gear to the wrong section to get more love. Makes me sad.

Beautiful kit you have there. That finish on the bass drum is just breathtaking. Much love for the Supra too. I didn't really get all the hype till I learned how to tune an Acro then bought a 6.5" Supra. Wow, they really do cover a whole lot of ground don't they?

Destroyer772

Gold Member
Yea, your kit's finish is awesome man dig that set/up. Nice snare collection, and Im listening to the black lodge now. Im not really into metal but this sounds great. You playing is wonderful. Welcome

Dave from Perth

Hmmm... This section of the forum isn't as popular as it used to be!

How am I supposed to get my instant-internet-gratification through whoring out pictures of my gear?! ;)

-Jonathan
LOL! (You're right, though.) I like your set-up so please keep sharing. You have an impressive snare drum line-up there too!

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
I know, it does get a little disheartening. Some of the members that should know better just post pics of their gear to the wrong section to get more love. Makes me sad.

Beautiful kit you have there. That finish on the bass drum is just breathtaking. Much love for the Supra too. I didn't really get all the hype till I learned how to tune an Acro then bought a 6.5" Supra. Wow, they really do cover a whole lot of ground don't they?
Oh well, just part of the ebb and flow of drumming forums I suppose. I lurk on PDF quite a bit and I've noticed over the past year there's been a noticeable decline in activity too.
Thank you! I have some old threads on this forum some where with a larger setup that includes about 8x as many cymbals, a drum rack, more toms etc. that you might find interesting.
And yes, the supra is my "desert island" snare drum for sure! pretty much every time I play it, I tune it way down for fun and then pitch it as high as it'll go, all in the same sitting. Haha. Such a great investment.

Yea, your kit's finish is awesome man dig that set/up. Nice snare collection, and Im listening to the black lodge now. Im not really into metal but this sounds great. You playing is wonderful. Welcome
Thank you for listening to my band! You might enjoy the second song Carried Away a lot more if you're not a metal guy. Also the last one, Anne is pretty experimental and not a metal song at all. Lol.

LOL! (You're right, though.) I like your set-up so please keep sharing. You have an impressive snare drum line-up there too!
Thank you! I'll figure out a way to upload bigger versions, for some reason my mac doesn't want to save them as the correct format.
Well, if there's anyone on the forum that appreciates a wide snare collection it'd be you Dave. Hopefully my collection will continue to grow to the size of yours. Although, I'd need a bigger practice room to store everything...

-Jonathan

luddite

I'm a die-hard Ludwig guy, but I love the looks of the Benny Greb. Sonor truly makes some top-notch stuff.