New stuff from Aquarian

DrewTheShoe

Why must everything be black these days...

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Why must everything be black these days...
I like to play with dark sunglasses on. If I used black heads and cymbals I would be in trouble! I tried the black cymbals a few months ago. What a joke! They sound like garbage can lids! To put it in fashion designers terms "Black Is The New Black" LOL!

DrumART Jim

Their Jack DeJohnette heads have been coated black for *years* anyway. Incidentally, those heads are totally awesome, especially on the snare. :)

DrewTheShoe

Well I think that if it sounds the same as the coated heads, just looks different, it would be fine.
Kinda corny, but a helluva lot better than the other black heads that sound like... Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

wolfmoon

Silver Member
It's just another head to throw in with all the others.. I sometimes miss the old days when the selections were fewer and easier to choose from.

Chonson

Their Jack DeJohnette heads have been coated black for *years* anyway. Incidentally, those heads are totally awesome, especially on the snare. :)

Agreed... the DeJohnette heads are great. I've got one on one of my Gretsch snare and it kills.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
anybody tried their new hi-velocity head yet? Apparently it's like a coated emperor with a large thin reverse dot. I haven't been able to find these at any of my usual sources, so I haven't had a chance to try it.